new to the boards

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • Author
      CoSmO
      Participant

heya fellas – new to the boards but been in the american forums for a while, that s where i get all my parts 🙂

can anyone tell me how much ausmicro sellin their fets for?? and which ones they are eg-4562 s?

by the way just built a track courtesy of clark rubber- they were on sale – sellin those 2nd hand mats- just bought some foam and voila!:D all under $70

Edited by – CoSmO on 30 April 2004 06:35:59

merc-blue
      Participant

hey cosmo welcome to the formus

dgs73
      Participant

the fets I believe are the IRF7389, cant remeber the price though… Aaron could help you there… welcome to the forums too…

merc-blue
      Participant

2.50 each i think

CoSmO
      Participant

thanks- fellas – glad to be here

heard the 4562’s are superior- don’t have to stack as much…

but anyways waitin on some upgrades to come in then i’ll see whether i feel like some fets…

betty.k
      Participant

hey cos! nice to have you here. a couple of other local fet sources are microamps http://www.MicroAmps.com.au
      he sells fets in packs of 5 if you want to have a try at the much loved fet mod or you can send him your car for modding. he does first class work and can do a bunch of other electronical stuff too!
      or ph2t has an alternate external fet mod called biff http://www.ausmicro.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2048&FORUM_ID=4&CAT_ID=2&Topic_Title=biff+%2D+the+BCG+turbo%2C+now+on+sale%21&Forum_Title=Micro+Scale+%2D+For+Sale+%7C+Wanted+%7C+Trading
      have a little browse around the forum and you’ll see why these guys got the reputations that they does!:smiley16::8ball:

Geo-Z
      Participant

Yo there cosmo…..glad to see another sydneysider (?) make the move from nexcess.net. We’re trying to make weekly gatherings at Meadow BAnk park perhaps you’d wanna drop by?

CoSmO
      Participant

weekly gatherings-… whats the plans? i’d like to – but it all depends on the times…

Keymaster

Cosmo.. Yup we do FETs for AU$2.50 each delivered… Buy a 5×2 (10FETs or more) and they come Express Post.

I can’t get a reliable cheap supply of the 4562’s which are not _that_ much better than the IRF7389s.

At the moment one wholesaler wants to charge $27 per FET, unless I buy 100.. then it drops a fair bit… but I still wouldn’t want to to stock them as I’d be a lot of $$ out of pocket and they’d have to cost you guys more than double the IRF price…

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

CoSmO
      Participant

sounds good- i’ll get back ot you on that… won’t be able to fit 5×2’s onmy f1 but i’m sure the boys would like em on their mr01’s just to keep up with my stocks :p

how long will that price last for??

Geo-Z
      Participant

Cosmo, we usually race at meadow bank park on Sundays from 12 to 4pm….but can go elsewhere (at least i can, don’t think petewah could at the mo). You have a track? Mind if we mosey over and have a race night? I’m free on Friday nights and sometimes Saturday nights too. Tim, talldude, kevsta and a few others are also keen to race on a track of some kind, plus dgs73 is in the process of designing a bordered raceway. I can bring some coke and perhaps we could chip in on a pile of pizzas and make it a miniz cafe :).

Keymaster

Cosmo – that deal is always available… I buy the suckers in batches of 95 – and always have them at hand or at most 1-2 working days away.

I think I’m on my 6th order, and the price hasn’t changed 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

CoSmO
      Participant

cheers aaron i’ll get back to you on that one-

by the way fellas – if ever i get to go race with you guys i can always bring the mats there to meadowbank- i haven’t exactly measured it but i could always increase the size 😀
      but don’t expect too much- it’s no kyosho track…

plus my rails are just foam so i could always buy more- clark rubber sells those second hand foams for like 50c sometimes…

but don’t expect me to be going soon- pretty busy at the moment…

like to keep posted on whats happening though- and if anyone knows a good deal where to get a monster for about $150au then give me a hollar- 2nd hand.

btw- haven’t seen the meadowbank vids yet- but you guys set out a track there??

peteWah
      Participant

Why would that be Geo-z

Quote:
      Cosmo, we usually race at meadow bank park on Sundays from 12 to 4pm….but can go elsewhere (at least i can, don’t think petewah could at the mo).

I know i dont have a Z yet but it dose not stop me being involved
      its Tim thats 15 Im 24, Its a bit rude of you speaking for me in that respect DONT YOU THINK mate
      I want to be involved (car or no car) as much as the next man…
      I want to have a Z in a little over a month and a half

BE NICE:evil:
      PeteWah is pissed of now… Nobody speaks for my actions OK…

peteWah
      Participant

I hope that this is just a misunderstanding on your part Geo-z…. Sorry to be so harsh but what you said was rude as dude :question::8ball:

merc-blue
      Participant

*not to self* never EVER say anything about peteWah (i think hes a gun polisher):8ball:

Geo-Z
      Participant

? I didn’t mean to offend pete dude, I just thought I read somewhere that you couldn’t come anytime else but sundays…or something like that. Perhaps you’re busy other days or something. Err….peace.

Geo-Z
      Participant

Ah! here we are…something about must be Sunday for meadowbank when cosmo (methinks) was asking about it in the Sydney minizracers thread….. I sorta deducted that you were perhaps busy other days…..trust me mate, I wouldn’t disclude ya for a sec, in fact, i think it quite brave to be enjoyin’ the action wit us even tho u don’t have a z yet!

If petewah can come along, the better! 😀 BTW can’t come today…..will be there next week.

TallduDe
      Participant

hey the more people the better i reckon.

once dgs gets this track worked out the meadowbank meetings will be even more interesting. 😀

peteWah
      Participant

Im sorry to of made such a big deal, thats just me being deffencive blackeye: but there’s no hard feelings i hope…:D:D:smiley2:

Edited by – peteWah on 03 May 2004 13:37:51

dgs73
      Participant

I gotta get more free time!!! Between work, sleep, mini z and beer, there’s nothing left!Going to take next week off (take that, work!!), so I can source this material and get it together. Cosmo; how big’s this track you’ve got together? Sounds like my idea of dropping into Clarks rubber with a trailer might still be the go. Would’nt mind having a gander at your track, as while we both have different methods of fabrication, the end result no doubt would be very similar. Talldude; it’ll be done by the time you next drop down!! Petewah; spell ckecker:smiley2:

Geo-Z
      Participant

Nah, that’s ok pete, I’m the same really :smiley2:. I’ll be able to make it this week, but seein’ as many ppl are occupied, perhaps i’ll come the week after so everyone’ll be there.

dgs i thought ur plasma had been screwed…did you just clean the motor or do a brush change? Or was it just acting up back then? I’m sorta curious as to the 3v limit on those 4wd motors…

dgs73
      Participant

wore through the brushes, and snapped a wire… copping a rebuild and clean up as we speak, will be back in the car by this Sunday.:D

peteWah
      Participant

HAY what happened to my last post on this page:evil:
      It was the truth you had done to many runs with the motor & as well as wearing through the brushes you melted a contact point not snap a wire i think i remember you saying

I asked if you could fill in the gaps, not have what i said stricken from all record :D:D:smiley2:

I think you need a blue mushroom buddy :p

ph2t
      Participant
      Quote:
      I think you need a blue mushroom buddy :p

gawd, another bloody hippie….

20137.jpg

CoSmO
      Participant

this saturday me boys and i are test running the track – havent measured it quite yet- they are the black mats by the way dgs, looks abit more than 2 metres in length for one mat- weve got four-
      track was kinda split up between the 6 of us so i don’t really own it.

i’m willin to chip in if you guys are gonna setup a permanent track somewhere…

peteWah
      Participant

Its a joke refering to my avatar ph2t, im not a hippie dude:):):) Trust me…
      Im a Clubber/Raver/Doofer You ever heard of a DJ beXta, well thats my cousin….
      She plays all over Australia, Have you guys ever gone out to see her down in Melbourne she rocks_ If yer into that kind of music, Im asume-ing your not but that would make a ass out of you and me and we cant have that now can we 🙂
      As for blue mushrooms, I dont needem

WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET…
      :D:D:smiley2:

Tim
      Participant

Guys isn’t this post should be under mini-z sydney club?

Why did we jump the post?

TallduDe
      Participant

maybe but i kinda forgot what this post was for in the first place? :p:8ball::dead::question:

gonna have pics of the track to show us CoSmO???

peteWah
      Participant

You started the post tim:dead::question::8ball:

dgs73
      Participant

very interesting, cosmo… yeah, i’m doing a permanent portable track in the next two weeks. Taking next week off work to ensure this gets off the ground.

CoSmO
      Participant

i’ll try to get some pics up- i really suck at computers…

btw anyone got crystals they can swap with me just for the weekend??- i need it by saturday- i just bought 6 new sets and they’ll be arriving next week – i’ll pay for shipping someone pls email me if they can-
      express post delivery…
      tell me which one’s you have that you can send… i’ll send you an extra pair of xtals when i give you yours back…

kevsta
      Participant

Just doing some brain storming here. To keep the foam barriers for the curves and straights in place, could you use blue tak on rubber/foam mat ?

I was thinking, for a low pile carpet track, you could use sticky velcro strips that you could buy from home yardage and attach these to the barriers.

🙂

CoSmO
      Participant

yes those velcros would work- but we were thinking morealong the side of double side tape –
      and for the corners- ( which are prone to getting hit) masking tape…

we’re planning to change the track every so often- but yes those velcro strips would work-

but then again i’m talking about the type of foam i snatched up- it was pretty good quality 😀 and sturdy as a barrier should be…

tell ya the ups and downs or quirks about the setup after the weekend- it’ll be the first test run to see how the materials handle

Tim
      Participant

Pete my original post was that i found other mini-z racers but now you guys went on about building tracks which is out of the topic:8ball::dead::question::evil:

Geo-Z
      Participant

Now come on tim mate, it’s just a forum, the thing is, at least we’re talkin’ to each other, that’s what counts…..perhaps it may be kinda disorganized if we make topics within a topic here and there, but dude, dis site’s for leisure man! If ya want something back on track, just restate whatcha want…. It’s all cool……

Cosmo, the mini-z track you have sounds rather impressive, can’t wait to hear the results after testing it on the weekend.

Tim
      Participant

LOL

i just being an idiot and nothing much :smiley2:

Keymaster

*laughs* Yeah guys – communicating first and foremost – we (the moderators and I) run a very relaxed forum – the main thing is that peopel are talking and getting together and good stuff is happening!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

peteWah
      Participant

*Even bigger laugths here*
      I just dont get it, (grrrrrr) and i was not going to comment BUT i just cant help stating the obvious no more no less…
      lest we forget:)
      :D:D:smiley2:

CoSmO
      Participant

no one taking me up on that crystal offer for the weekend???

Viewing 39 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.