NEWB

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

i just bought a fairlady Z i broke my controler tyring to mod it =/, i was wondering is the dual bandwas betterthen the stock controler? and if so how?

thx for the help

Admin
      Participant

i’ve heard that it has dodgy range

and how did you break the tx?

Admin
      Participant

i tryed to remove the crip cap. i cut the little brown thing with the number 22 on it. after i removed it the car will charge but it won’t move or turn

btw what does dodgy mean? is that good or bad?

also im buying the 4 band controler

Trueno
      Participant

The four band controller is nicer to use but does have a pretty limited range. It is nice to be able to change the frequency as well.

Admin
      Participant

will i still get that stutter from the 4 band?

about how much range does the stock 57mhz controler have? and how much on the dual?

z-beam
      Participant

dodgy means to be avoided. or that the person cant be trusted as they cannot be honest. like the word shifty.

good luck!!

GT-ahh
      Participant

chances are you havent stuffed it, ive had this problem where ive taken apart my tx and it hasnt worked upon putting back together, i just dissassembled it, re-assembled, took the batterys out, put em back in and eventually it started working again…

Trueno
      Participant

The four band mightgive a little stutter if you’re more than about 6ft away. I haven’t found too bad though.

Admin
      Participant

well thx for the tips, i will try to put the tx back together, it still chagers so i think it might be ok

thx again

i opened it up again i found i cut the little brown thing that said 22 on c2, anyone know if that is affecting anything?

GT-ahh
      Participant

if the car charges but it wont turn, maybe you cut the wrong thing… if so go down to your local electronics store and get a replacement capacitor and solder it back in…

PandaBear
      Participant

Guys… word of warning… DON’T MESS WITH THE BOOST CONTROLLER!!! :smiley15:

This beast is a total redesign from the previous non-boost REV03; nobody has fiddled anything with it yet nor do we have any schematics or circuit diagrams on it… so we’re all flying blind!! Are you actually *surprised* that it doesn’t work after snipping something off it??

There is definitely NO “cripplecap” linked between the aerial and ground lines anywhere &there is nothing that looks like its tacked on as an afterthought. In fact, there are some empty holes (eg C8) near the antenna wire where a cap could go… but there’s nothing there.

Range is approx same as my 27MHz Compact (approx 6-8′) and 35MhzBit and yes its far lower than my 40Mhz Compact (I’m getting 10-12′).

That said, these things aren’t rocket science. Just replace what you’ve snipped off and it *should* work again. If you’ve tossed the part just go buy another ceramic capacitor of the same value and solder it back on.

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks for the advice Panda

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.