newbe

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I have just got on of these great cars and now it won’t steer. Ok it does but it’s all over the place it won’t turn right going fwd but in reverse it does not steer left or right all the time only somtimes???? It’s starting to piss me off so what can I do about it.

Thanks in advance:shy::shy::shy::shy:

DaveF
      Participant

Pick the car up and look at the wheels while you press left and right on the controller. Do the wheels turn? If not then it might be the magnet has come loose, or the coils that pull the magnet (and thus the steering) have come away from the inside of the car. Either way you may need to superglue these parts back into place.

The spring may be loose inside the steering area. Or there might be something metal ( metal shavings, paperclip, pin etc.) in there, or under the car.

There’s a few older discussions in the forums on busted steering and possible fixes. Maybe someone should compile a steering fix bible with pictures??

????????????????????????
      DaveF! 👿
      My track – http://community.webshots.com/album/58669595eliwuK

Genspec
      Participant

Could also be a problem with dust around one or both of the front axles. Could also be a problem with the axle itself. You didn’t mention what type of car it is. Is it a Bit Char-G, Compact char-G or one of the clones ?

The reason that I ask is that a friend bought a couple of Fit Racers and one would not steer properly from day one. I showed him how to remove the front wheels from the knuckles but there wasn’t any dust or hair. When I replaced the wheels, I found that the wheels did not spin the same. This is when I noticed that the axle would actually push in so far that it locked the wheel and stopped it from spinning freely. A small adjustment with a precision screw driver and all was fixed.

Dave, I think the steering problem document is a great idea.:)

Initial D
      Skyline
      Castrol Supra
      Nano Celica

Admin
      Participant

It’s a Bit Char-G RX7 and I have now pulled it apart and and magnets are in place. But I have noticed the spring in there (i think it’s a return to center) or something like that and it does not return it to center the spring is bent and all out of shape. With the car in the air and turning left and right it stays where it is and does not return to center on the desk it mainly goes left but it has the full left and right steer

So whats the go here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Genspec
      Participant

Have a look at http://www.questformadness.com. They have some really cool mods but the ones you should have a look at are #12 – to see what the spring should look like and #17 to see how to make a replacement spring.

Initial D
      Skyline
      Castrol Supra
      Nano Celica

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.