Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi everyone! :smiley14:

Finally registered here and hopefully learn heaps from all you experts! 😉

I had recently acquired a Mini-Z off ebay, Delorean Skynet version. 😀 Awesome little machine!

It doesnt say what chassis it is, would it be a MR-01? if so, what parts from other chassis would fit? Like bodies and mod bits? Obviously the AWD are no go’s, but MR 015 or MR 02?

I managed to get my mate hooked so he’ll be receiving his MR01 Readyset next week so we are looking forward to hopping these little beauties up!

betty.k
      Participant

g’day brudda, welcome aboard!:beer:

dude, those skynet bods are pretty collectable, whatcha pay?

my guess is it’s an mr01 chassis.
      if so you want to stick with 01 parts.

some parts are interchangable between 01’s, 015’s and 02’s like tyres, wheels, motors, servo gears, bearings, wheelnuts and some bodies but that’s about it. :8ball:

Ogier
      Participant

Welcome! Good to see you coming over from the other forum 🙂

I’m just a newbie with these things too, but bettyk seems to have don a lot with various types of micros, so listen to him. 🙂
      And by the sounds of it, you need to turn that delorean shell into a shelf queen 🙂 You can pickup 2nd hand bodys & cars sometimes, I’ve gotten a few from various forums, so keep your eyes open.

Cheers,
      Graham

Admin
      Participant

Thanks guys! I got the Readyset for $160 which I thought was a ripper of a price and just won another BTTF body for it 😀 , which will be kept on a display shelf (just knocked off the mirror last night :gatlin: ).

Here are a few pics;
      280mr9f.jpg

280ms03.jpg

The trouble with the bodies are that they are so good, it’s hard not to wreck them or go full throttle. U need like those cheap poly-carb shells which, if they were made up, would cost ya like $5. 😛 only if ……..

But once my mate get’s his through the post, all I can say is havoc will happen!

So I guess 2 things that need to be done would be bearings and slip-diff??

Also tempted to get additional lightsets for it ….. too many ideas!!

Keymaster

$160 is a great price for a Skynet (Aoshima) Readyset. As others have said keep the body safe as they’re quite collectable.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

aussiexmodder
      Participant

Hey welcome to the forum. And by the way very nice delorean. I wish the south Australian goverment would let people do that kind of stuff to there 1:1 cars.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.