…NINTENDO DS…

Home Forums General Chat …NINTENDO DS…

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • Author
      bithed
      Participant

…As if we didnt have enough toys ALREADY to waste our money on..lol…

…The whole game scene is alive and well here and Nintendo has annnounced the date and the price for their new portable unit…See it here…

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/

…Sony has PSP all ready to go but they WILL NOT give out a price or a release date…Sounds like someone at Sony wants to piss off someone at Nintendo 🙂

…As I try to make PanicToys.com the TOTAL ANSWER to your maniacal desires, game hard and soft, ie consoles and games, has always been one of the things I would LIKE to do…Now the margin sux…A mere 10% on ALL things gamey, plus its a VERY tight knit community of sellers and suppliers…NOT an easy product to get into, plus you have power differences, NTSC, PAL blah blah blah and it all gets very painful very quickly…

…Anyway JUST to let you know that PanicToys.com DOES follow the game situation here and if there is ever anything PanicToys can get for you then you know where to find me…I will keep you posted on these new consoles as they get closer…BitHed…

Batman
      Participant

Dude i’ve got to have one, i’m very excited! Should be right with the pal/ntsc thing, nintendo doesn’t like regionising their portables, but the power thing…..

bithed
      Participant

…portables arent too fussy with ntsc etc but its occassioanly a point to take note off…the power thing…we are 220 and you are 110 BASICALLY…I am sure all the hardcore tech heads will jump on my ass but never mind…i just sell the buggers…YOU guys understand them…lol…

Batman
      Participant

Nah mate i’m 240, aren’t you guys over there 110?

bithed
      Participant

umm…yes…lol…:blush: i knew that..i was just…you know…checking..lol…

AdamC
      Participant

How much does the new nintendo look like a game and watch.

sony vs nintendo again. interesting to see who wins out this time

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

go N-GAGE!! Currently the worlds most powerful handheld 😀 oh and it’s a phone too!

z-beam
      Participant

and therefore emits microwaves!!! cook your lunch with it while you play!!!:dead:

icebreaka
      Participant

I heard the n-gage isnt all that great.. my friend got sum kind of mitac smartphone and he watches simpsons and other movies in it in pretty clear quality..
      he also put Duke nukem 3d on it as well hehe :shy:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      I heard the n-gage isnt all that great.. my friend got sum kind of mitac smartphone and he watches simpsons and other movies in it in pretty clear quality..
      he also put Duke nukem 3d on it as well hehe :shy:

Um, my n-gage plays whatever movies i want, 2 fast 2 furious, has MSN messenger, plays MP3’s, plays games…

And if ya thought it was crap, take a lookey here:

http://boards.arena.n-gage.com/viewtopic.php?t=11414

Batman
      Participant

The n-ghey has nothing on my gba sp, and the ds is gonna be way better!! It’s the biggest most exciting console launch ever, two screens, 16 player cordless, can’t wait!!

Nintendo rocks!!

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

The graphics on the gba SP are frighteningly poor, not even 3d yet…..
      wonder what the DS is like…it looks kinda big…

Batman
      Participant

Get out of town the graphics are fine, like a little snes. And it’s the games that really make a system not all the other crap they jam into these new machines (phones, mp3/dvd players, hard drives, none of this makes the games any better).

It’s all about the games. Games games games games games.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

In your opinion the graphics might be fine, but i look a them and laugh, 2d sidescroll games etc….complete bullshit waste of cash if you ask me.

Yes it is games games games that make the system…pitty they have to reinvent every game in crappy 2d for the gameboy….lol

z-beam
      Participant

you got a point jamie, 3d game design opens up the possabilities for a good game experience.

i saw a n-gauge running red faction2 and thought it was pretty decent. only thing is i could get the same game brand new on ps2 for under $40.

what little 3d there is on gba it is total crap. that and the lack of buttons means a lack of control.

the strategy games on gba are the strongest of all. advance wars and fire emblem are two very nice playable games that never get old. japanese develop so many games that never make it over here but when they do they are mostly very good.

advance wars even supports 4 player games on the one system.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant
      Quote:
      you got a point jamie, 3d game design opens up the possabilities for a good game experience.

i saw a n-gauge running red faction2 and thought it was pretty decent. only thing is i could get the same game brand new on ps2 for under $40.

what little 3d there is on gba it is total crap. that and the lack of buttons means a lack of control.

the strategy games on gba are the strongest of all. advance wars and fire emblem are two very nice playable games that never get old. japanese develop so many games that never make it over here but when they do they are mostly very good.

advance wars even supports 4 player games on the one system.

RED FACTION IS BAD! It was one of the first games, and has a bad graphics engine.

The new n-gage FPS’s run very high frame rates and have very crisp graphics.

dgs73
      Participant

I’ll have a PSP when they show up instead…:approve:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I do like the idea of the PSP, but some of the features made me shake my head in dismay, mainly costs, battery life and sheer size.

And then again DS, PSP etc are just game consoles though the PSP does a few more things, the N-Gage is a ‘Pocket Pc’ with many applications and features crammed into one…the screen could be wider though 🙁

dgs73
      Participant

true, true… the size is due to the frankly massive screen (by hand-held standards), which would of course be effecting battery life and size of the unit. I’ve got more info on this thing at home if anyone is interested. PDA could be incorporated into it, but we’ll see

peteWah
      Participant

what about the new N-Gage QD what improvments have been made

z-beam
      Participant

psp is the pick of the bunch, just because sheer screen size. and as for power, im not sure of the battery design but get a spare (if you can) or adaptors for ciggy lighters work real well.

the only thing that would be better is a ps2 with a 9″ tft display in the car…

Batman
      Participant

Graphics aren’t everything, the best machine ever was the snes just because of the games it had. Chrono trigger is still my favourite game of all time and the only system i don’t have is the xbox, because i have a real computer. The gba is like a little snes. Of course it doesn’t have the best graphics, but it’s half the price of the n-ghey and has way better games. What they lack in looks they make up for in style. And gameplay.

Batman
      Participant

Graphics aren’t everything, the best machine ever was the snes just because of the games it had. Chrono trigger is still my favourite game of all time and the only system i don’t have is the xbox, because i have a real computer. The gba is like a little snes. Of course it doesn’t have the best graphics, but it’s half the price of the n-ghey and has way better games. What they lack in looks they make up for in style. And gameplay.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

half the price of an N-Gage…what can you do with an GBA…play some 2d “java” games…

What can you do with an N-GAGE??

-Games
      -video/movies
      -video/photos (yes there is a camera)
      -GPS (global Positioning System)
      -GPRS internet( for internet, messenger and online gaming)
      -Bluetooth (LAN gaming and file sharing)
      -Memory expansion
      -Applications, huge amounts of software available through online and retail)
      -MP3 player
      -FM radio
      -Phot viewing (i can open 11mb photos with HUGE resolution on my n-gage)
      -Audio recording
      -and a lot more
      Oh and it’s also a phone, you get what you pay for, i.e. you pay peanuts for a nintendo, and the average gamer is 12 years old kiddies playing POKEMON :D.

I will agree with you one one thing batman, the majority of games for the N-GAGE were quite poor, nokia is only new to gaming, and had to trial and error things.

The latest lot of games to be released next month have been highly acclaimed for fantastic gameplay and graphics (due to new generation symbian gpaphics engines etc) the reviewers were stoked with the improvements.

Over the next year approx 50 games will be released, as nokia has contracts with many of the game console manufacturers.

z-beam
      Participant

and if it was a dedictated gaming system im sure all the problems your aware of wouldnt be there. ie crap games…
      and a phone that looks like a taco…

camera ans radio catriges are available for the sp and bga as add ons. this brings down the cost and bulkiness of the basic unit.

and over the next year the double screens innovation will either be utilized very well or sink to the bottom of the void ala the ill fated virtual boy and sega dreamcast.
      if sony do their research the psp will leave the n-gauge for dead with sony only exclusives, can any one say metal gear solid:snake eater and grand turismo 4?

but back on topic, i would like some official info on the ds has any one got any specifications on this gaming wonder?

z-beam
      Participant

and if it was a dedictated gaming system im sure all the problems your aware of wouldnt be there. ie crap games…
      and a phone that looks like a taco…

camera ans radio catriges are available for the sp and bga as add ons. this brings down the cost and bulkiness of the basic unit.

and over the next year the double screens innovation will either be utilized very well or sink to the bottom of the void ala the ill fated virtual boy and sega dreamcast.
      if sony do their research the psp will leave the n-gauge for dead with sony only exclusives, can any one say metal gear solid:snake eater and grand turismo 4?

but back on topic, i would like some official info on the ds has any one got any specifications on this gaming wonder?

Batman
      Participant

Yes it’s all about the games. I don’t buy a games machine to do all that crap you mentioned, i buy them to play games, nothing else. Why would i want to waste my money on something that does a whole bunch of things half-assed? Including the one thing i want it for?

Batman
      Participant

Yes it’s all about the games. I don’t buy a games machine to do all that crap you mentioned, i buy them to play games, nothing else. Why would i want to waste my money on something that does a whole bunch of things half-assed? Including the one thing i want it for?

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.