no power

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello, I just went to RS and was able to get some of their returned xmod stuff. I think I got a pretty good deal.. I got the 2 Black skylines with all the body peices and a full corvette body with both recievers, both xmod chassis s with electronics, Ch 1 & 6 crystals,and an extra stage 2 motor (Red 9t), and the cases for $30.00 US.

I went through one of them, found out that the rear diff gear was lop sided, but installed the all wheel drive kit and that fixed the gearing probs.. I installed the 4 batteries and turned everything on and I have steering left and right, but No Power to the motor in forward or reverse.. I have other motors and hooked them up also, but nothing.. What might be wrong?? It is the same thing if I use either channel 6 or channel 1. I just checked the voltage on the batteries directly from the battery holders. Pos on one side and neg on the other, and I am reading 3.3V on a set of used batteries..
      Thats seems ok.. I also checked the voltage on the wires leading to the motor at the plug,, When I press the trigger, I am getting 3.2V
      and it declines to 3.04 and remains constant. I then checked the voltage to all three motors that I hooked up and on both the Stage 1 and 2, I get 0.01 volts where the wires connect to the motor… I don t get it… 3.2 Volts should be enough to turn the stage one 8t motor right. What is my problem????????
      I also went through the other one and soldered the battery holders back together again, and have the same similar problem.. I don t have full steering in that one though.. I can hear the servo though when I move left and right. I also do not have any power to the motor.

Participant

I just checked the voltages in the other car,, it is the same exact thing… I can steer, but have to output at the motor. I still have voltage to the plug for the motor, but on the motor itself, after I plug it in, I have almost no voltage.. I tried to put a newer battery in to help the voltage, but still a minimal 0.8volts to the motor. Please Help…..

Participant

my first guess is the drive fets are toasted. do you feel heat under the chassis when you try the throttle? my guess is you will. i don’t think it’s a broken wire because you would read 0 volts in that case. the fact that you get a slight reading points to the fets in my opinion:8ball:

Participant

I charged the batteries a little bit and was able to see the pinion gear jiggle a little in each direction, but that is it. I felt the bottom of the board and nothing heated up though…. ??? If the FET’s are fried why would I still be able to have almost full voltage as the batteries at the motor wires..

It just goes to about 1 – 1.2volts at the motor itself.. It is strange that this is the same problem with both of these EP’s. I am not sure why they were returned but it didn’t look like the previous person put any high voltage stuff to them.. Could the FET’s have been messed up when the thing was still new.

Participant

I had a similar problem with a Stage 2 motor kit. Out of all of them, only the 8 tooth motor worked. I got the same thing, steering, but no drive. Bad motors?

Cool you got those cars though. I bought a few that had no crystals, and all the wiring was cut….:evil:

Edited by – zensx on 02 February 2005 17:50:02

Edited by – zensx on 02 February 2005 17:51:36

Participant

Charge you batteries all the way.

Also, do you have the batteries in the right way?

Participant

Its gotta be the fets. But to be sure you should get a few different motors and try them. Also have you tried soldering on a different set of wires to the motor? (or just re-solder the ones that are there). Does this motors work hooked up directly to the batteries? Sounds like your motor has had the Dick to me. If motor is alright then it must be fets.

Participant

I’m willing to bet it’s the FETs replace it with a Whoa Nelly turbo now!

http://www.woahnelly.com

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.