no range whatsoever

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

My lxx char g only works when its right by the transmitter, I mean almost touching it, I’v checked the wiring etc, anyone experienced this problem? It only arrived today and only had about 6 or 7 charges, my mate has one and his is fine.

Admin
      Participant

Make sure the car is the same frequency as the controller .. it sounds stupid i know .. but just check.

Admin
      Participant

Its a bit of a lottery with these things…i’d say one of the tuned circuit components is incorrect/faulty.

Admin
      Participant

it worked fine for the first 6 or 7 charges then just stopped dead, I’ve checked everything I can think of.:smiley6:

PandaBear
      Participant

You wouldn’t buy an “HPX MiCroR” would you…?

Less risk with buying the ‘real thing’.

Admin
      Participant

yeh, im goin to get a new tomy bit char -g, what a waste of money the lxx was tho, I suppose i can use the shell and the wheel’s n that off this one on teh tomy, and maybe the motor.

Admin
      Participant

i’v changed my mind, im not gettin one yet, im gonna spend the money on my micro, im getting the hpi mod motor and ally front driveshafts on thursday. We have started racing micro’s at one of my local r/c clubs, I race 1/10 and mardave and micro now:D

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by xtreme_microRS4 on 23October2002

i’v changed my mind, im not gettin one yet, im gonna spend the money on my micro, im getting the hpi mod motor and ally front driveshafts on thursday. We have started racing micro’s at one of my local r/c clubs, I race 1/10 and mardave and micro now:D

Sounds like a good choice!

Yeah, don’t need too many options on the mRS4 but I’ve got HPI’s big round motor lined up as well as purple unis with wheel nuts for the front. Already got the NiMH AA 6-cell pack joined up. Now if only I had time to go paint the body maybe we might even get it running… built it in 3 days but been untouched like that since xmas, wow nearly 1 yr past. :smiley3:

Admin
      Participant

I may also be getting the front knuckles on thursday. When I race my micro I normally race mardave aswell as the micro is virtually maintenence free, I just dust it off with a paintbrush and apply some tire aditive, I cant wait till I get the mod though and then Im gonna build some 6 cells, I can easily add another cell to my 5 cells.

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by xtreme_microRS4 on 23October2002

…I can easily add another cell to my 5 cells.

Nah, better to just build yourself another pack!!

Use AAAs if you can, they’re much lighter. Unless you’ve got access to the flat Sanyo cells (as used in Sony Walkman), which makes neater packing.

AAs have better capacity but they’re pretty heavy and I’d guess you guys don’t run for 30 mins flat?

Admin
      Participant

Check Toyeast.com at their link for lxx char-g’s as they tell you about incompatability of their controllers with some batteries:smiley14:

Admin
      Participant

I know about the battersy in the controllers. I use the same size cells as what they use in the orion and hpi packs in my micro, they were only ?3 a cell from my lhs so ?15 for the pack

PandaBear
      Participant

Ya, you can get the same size batteries (I think they’re just “4/5 AA”) quite easily, but I don’t know if Orion & co actually do any “matching” of the cells.

Then again, I don’t really care, doesn’t make much difference for my use. A 6-cell AA side-by-side fits quite well right across the chassis; it might be too fat for some bodies though. I need 7.2V as some ESCs can refuse to work off 4-cells 4.8V.

Admin
      Participant

The cells I made my pack out of are actually rc airplane cells, and theyre fine, theyre NIMH 1000, I got my mod motor today along with a steel pinion gear, I wanted to get the driveshafts and hubs but he had none:(

The Mod Motor is very punchy, I may get soft tires for the rear cos it just wheelspins.

anyway, shouldn’t we be staying on-topic? Lol I still havent found out whats up with my bit, but oh well, Ive ordered a bit char-A now, another clone, suppose ill never learn, im a bit of a cheap skate. Are the bit char-a’s any good? I suppose I can use parts from the lxx on it for spares and the motor will fit?

Admin
      Participant

GET A BIT CHAR-G-much less problems, and its authentic too.,

Admin
      Participant

Too late:( I ordered it on wednesday from toyeast. I wish I got an original one in the first place. I want to buy hopups for my micro, next thursday im getting the alloy driveshafts, alloy knuckles and alloy bulkhead. I want to get some hopups for my mission aswell, I’v had it for ages and still havent bought 1 hopup :O thats not like me, lol. but the cars great as it is.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.