Not SO important of a question:

Home Forums General Chat Not SO important of a question:

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      greed4speed
      Participant

I was reading the other day through about a hundred threads and came across an interesting link to a ‘minituraized’ fan…now I can’t find the stinking thing! Can someone direct me…seeing as how I’m losing my mind. And yes, I’ve read many more threads searching through them and even tried the SEARCH under: FAN, COOLING FAN, MOTOR FAN, etc. and still I haven’t found it.

I guess it isn’t too important, but I wanted to take another look at it and discuss it w/a couple of buddies.

betty.k
      Participant

funny you mention this, i went fan shopping at jaycar yesterday!
      then ph2t turned up with a tiny 20 x 20 x 10mm fan strapped to the motor of his evo!:D

so what exactly did you wanna know?
      where to buy? online hobby shops usually stock them, i can only guess that local hobby shops have em too. or electronics shops (like jaycar) or computer suppliers/repairers. :8ball:

leonli17
      Participant

2cmx2cmx1cm!!!!!that’s TINY. where the hell u got that ph2t?

greed4speed
      Participant
      Ms. Betty wrote:
      so what exactly did you wanna know?

Actually, it was one fan in particular that someone had linked to. I read the post – followed the link – and thought, “Hmm…I’ll remember where this is.” (famous last words) And now I’m searching for it again. confuse.gif

I was just wondering if someone else read it and remembered where it was. For all I know, it could have been posted a year ago. The specs from ph2t’s fan sound intriguing…any pics on that?

BludyYank
      Participant

Here is a link to an electronics distributor that carries a 20mm 5V DC fan.
      http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/CF-251/220100/5_VDC_20MM_COOLING_FAN_.html

The fan I have is similar in size, but different mfgr. This is a link with it’s specs. I have not been able to locate a distributor that still has them in stock though.
      http://www.russellind.com/Conco/indek/fans/k/kd2010.htm

greed4speed
      Participant

Thank You BludyYank…much appreciated.

betty.k
      Participant

@leon: ph2t tells me it’s from some kinda computer part, he got it from a friend. :8ball:

greed4speed
      Participant
      BludyYank wrote:
      Here is a link to an electronics distributor that carries a 20mm 5V DC fan.
      http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/CF-251/220100/5_VDC_20MM_COOLING_FAN_.html

It appears that this fan could possibly plug into the ‘light kit’ plug on the EVO. Is there any hope of that? WOuld it provide sufficient power? Just a though

BludyYank
      Participant

The plug on that fan is a 3-lead. The sockets on the Evo pcb are 4-prong. But that is not to say that you couldn’t fashion a 4-lead plug onto the fan. You would only need to determine which prongs on the board are the ones you need. Not certain of the voltage supplied at the sockets though. You would have to determine if the command logic light sets are at least 5V DC.

z-beam
      Participant

1/28th scale forced cooling fan? damn that sounds cool… got any pics ph2t?

merc-blue
      Participant

soon you guys will be running tyre additives and peltier coolers

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.