Not using your BCG? Take the battery out!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Kerosene
      Participant

I just found leaky batteries/corrosion in all my BCGs. Luckily it wasn’t too bad and I was able to remove the corrosion. Serves me right for not using them for months. Just a warning/reminder to anyone else who thinks their BCGs are safe being neglected in a drawer somewhere, especially with winter dampness creeping in. TAKE THE BATTERY OUT

merc-blue
      Participant

yes this will happen becasue the RX circut will still drain the battery even when not using it eventualy it will be ‘zero shorted’ which effectivly means dead they can be ‘revived but seriously shortened run time and life before they give up

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah i ve had this happen a few time to me now.

if your smart enuff you can put an on/off switch on em like zip zaps se’s and monster zips have.

dgs73
      Participant

does this mean unopened Bits too?Not wanting to open the likes of myNuR, Calsonic, Disney Resort Cruiser and Mach 5… especially the first two

kevsta
      Participant

Hey thanks for the warning, I just removed all the batts from my shelved bits. The batts showed a touch of corrosion around the terminals.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Hmmmm none of mine have corroded, after 3 years…

Might be the fact they are kept in a cool, dark cupboard…

kevsta
      Participant

I bought one of those sample packs of8 bcg batteries with the grey heat shrink from that battery place down in victoria – all were unused and all were corroded leaking acid 2 years down the track….

So I guess it depends if you have the original Tomy Battery or the after market ones.

kevsta
      Participant

On a side note, I had some of those jay car alkaline AAs in my mini-z transmitter and without a few months use, they leaked acid big time…

Must be the cleaner air in Tassie. smile.gif

DarkTari
      Participant
      Quote:
      dgs73 wrote:

does this mean unopened Bits too?Not wanting to open the likes of myNuR, Calsonic, Disney Resort Cruiser and Mach 5… especially the first two

You’ve got a NuR ? Been looking for one of those, know anyone selling?

Got the Calsonic, Voltz, Mach5, Ultraman, and others.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.