Novak Rooster

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      mocky
      Participant

any1 seen the novak rooster reversible. its claimed to be no motor limit but besides that i seems liek it has many functions. wat are u thoughts bout it?

Edited by – mocky on 05 March 2005 08:20:39

merc-blue
      Participant

the super rooster is NML the rooster is 15T.. its defently a bash speedy only 64 throttle steps FWD and 32 reverse
      its not fwd reverse like i remember im 80% sure is fwd brake.. then if ya hold it in barke or repress brake without going forward then it reverses.. ok i guess.. personly i would go sumthing different..

PandaBear
      Participant

Rooster is pretty old hat.

Super Rooster is good for trucks; its a huge & heavy beast.

Not sure if there’s any good Reversible ESCs that Novak makes with low motor limit etc – otherwise I’d have one by now. 🙂 Just acquired an LRP F1R, getting worked over on the bench.

kevsta
      Participant

I’ve seen how big the super rooster is and I think it’ll take up more room than you have in your tub once you fit your servo/receiver in.

mocky
      Participant

>< damn, i cant tell because ive neva seen i and i havent looked at its dimensions either. any used the associated super A.i esc? im having a tough choice betwwen that and the futaba mc330cr.

merc-blue
      Participant

never heard of the super AI.. give us stats and i can tell u wat it really is and what it was b4 it was rebadged the mc330 is a drcent ESC for a beghinner the 230 is crap but 330 is decent as a starter esc or a mini esc and such

mocky
      Participant

This is the Associated AI Super Reverse Electronic Digital Speed Control.

FEATURES: For car motors 14 turns and above Handles 4-7 cell battery packs, 4.8V-8.4V AI (Artificial Intelligence)-no manual user setup required just pull throttle on transmitter to set up Digital interference protection circuitry guards against radio interference, empty transmitter batttery or model outside of radio range-model stops instead of continuing uncontrolled Ideal upgrade for all Ready To Run speed controls Motor and battery connectors installed-no soldering needed

NOTES FROM OUR TECH DEPARTMENT

This is the Associated AI Super Reverse Electronic Digital Speed Control.

FEATURES: For car motors 14 turns and above Handles 4-7 cell battery packs, 4.8V-8.4V AI (Artificial Intelligence)-no manual user setup required just pull throttle on transmitter to set up Digital interference protection circuitry guards against radio interference, empty transmitter batttery or model outside of radio range-model stops instead of continuing uncontrolled Ideal upgrade for all Ready To Run speed controls Motor and battery connectors installed-no soldering needed

INCLUDES: One Associated AI Super Reverse Electronic Speed Control with motor capacitors, tie-wraps, mounting tape, user guide and color sticker set

REQUIRES: Installing on vehicle and connecting battery and motor

SPECS:
      Length: 1.7″ (42.5mm)
      Width: 1.7″ (42.5mm)
      Weight: 1.7oz (47.5g) excluding wires
      Voltage: 4.8v-8.4V, 4-7 cells
      Typical Voltage Drop @20A: 0.160V
      Rated Current: 120A Motor
      Turn Limit: 14 turns and above
      BEC: 5.0V
      High Frequency: Yes
      Fail Safe System: Yes
      Multi-Protection System: Yes
      Connectors: Standard Tamiya style
      Setup: Automatic

http://www.teamassociated.com/shusting/CatalogHub/lrp/AI_esc.htm

PandaBear
      Participant

Anything AE is usually a rebadged LRP.

I think latest basic LRPs are now “AI” in that they don’t need once-off programming… instead you need to “program” it everytime its turned on.

merc-blue
      Participant

i would go the mc330 i race with a mc800 very good bit of gear also “AI” is rubbish

and yeah zoomer they are rebadged LRP/nosrams

kevsta
      Participant

Yeah stick with mc330cr. I surprised you want to run so hot… You must have a stash of tb02 bevel gears and outdrives somewhere ?

mini-g
      Participant
      Quote:
      Anything AE is usually a rebadged LRP.

I think latest basic LRPs are now “AI” in that they don’t need once-off programming… instead you need to “program” it everytime its turned on.

not true, it needs no programing, does it itself. good idea if it works how they say. which being lrp i am sure it will

merc-blue
      Participant

VERY TRUE… if u turn ur car on and bump backwards first ur throttle will be reversed and sometimes at a race day u dont have time to make sure. and if it u lose power for a second u can have ur throttle reversed or max throttle on trigger = 20% on car and stuff it can end ur day if it dont setup rite or i have even had one setup nutral is aobut 40% trottle..
      compared to a 1 time setup do in comfort of ur own home and make it all good and never have to worry about it untill u change gear

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.