O plate V`s roll/friction shocks

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Jay-Z
      Participant

…i`ll try again- just wondering what the opinion of OTHERS is here, and which set up gives what results. & if anyone out there knows how to buy or where to find roll AND friction shocks at a lesser price than an O plate please let me know.

TallduDe
      Participant

dude i got kyosho roll shocks up for grabs if you want em,

name a price dude.

Jay-Z
      Participant

thanx talldude, don`t know what happened to this post yesterday (tho can guess) there`s some funny stuff going on:D in this town!! i`ll be in touch soon…

TallduDe
      Participant

np’s man

forgot to mention ill be at meadowbank at the 27th

wont be ther on this sunday

and i just fixed my plane aswell!

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      thanx talldude, don`t know what happened to this post yesterday (tho can guess) there`s some funny stuff going on:D in this town!! i`ll be in touch soon…

was’nt me… I’ve been off the last two days… I’ve got a spare set of roll shocks too if you want. But now that a couple of peeps have put up an offer, do you still want to buy? I noticed you did’nt name a price for TD… btw, TD, hope the plane lives till next you come down…

TallduDe
      Participant

ohhh the plane is bakk

got a new tail surface and wing, appearently with the new tail surface i can do more stunts!

ill bring it down again with me but will only fly with no and i mean it NO wind higher then the 15-20 winds last sunday!

as for the price of the rolls i pm josh dont like sayin prices out loud :blush:

dgs73
      Participant

it IS genuine Kyosho, after all…:smiley2::approve::D

Jay-Z
      Participant

..TD`s roll shocks are genuine kyosho, then i`ll work out if i need a friction shock aswell..for a little car these miniZ`s keep convincing me to spend!! just have to sell some lemonade out the front lol:D

dgs73
      Participant

told you it’d eat ya $$… try running 5 of em…blackeye: Now that you have an O plate (who’s the guilty party? I’ll find you…:smiley2:), you dont need the roll shocks. Just get a friction shock.

Jay-Z
      Participant

yeah, i`ve gone & sourced an O plate and all is going well, need to play around with different tyre compounds now!! ..would still like to know what the roll/friction shocks perform like compared to the O plate tho!! guess i`ll just buy some and find a use for them somewhere down the track:p

dgs73
      Participant

roll shocks give you a greater degree of rear tuneability (ie. spring tension, different tension h-plates), whereas the o-plate stiffens up the rear to a degree that gives a little bit of movement, with two choices; stiff, and f**king stiff

Jay-Z
      Participant

i`m guessing you went racing this arvo dgs.. wish i could have made it!! might be able to make it down tomorrow (sunday meadowbank) for a short while, need a hand held tv to watch the mighty holdens (go HRT) hose down those fords!!

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah roll shocks r nice, but weigh a bit more then an o-plate.

but the o-plate is good werking with a friction shock.

havent had any major probs as of yet.

dgs73
      Participant

i’d rather have the extra movement the h plate/ roll shock gives you… a c/f o plate is too stiff in the rear, promotes the spinning out, as you’ve all seen on the GTR from time to time

TallduDe
      Participant

ever thought of putting shocks at the back of the skyline dude?

the turbo car i got with shocks turns real well, even at high speeds i wasnt flipping over. then again it is a merc shell and i was runing wide rear rims.

peteWah
      Participant

Cant wait to see your new car TD:smiley2:

dgs73
      Participant

i’ve got shocks at the rear dood… friction, not roll though. And yes, the Merc is wider and lower, changing the centre of gravity. Still got the Kyosho roll shocks? I’ll grab em on Sunday if you still want to sell em… Will give them a try but I dont think it’s going to help

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      i’ve got shocks at the rear dood… friction, not roll though. And yes, the Merc is wider and lower, changing the centre of gravity. Still got the Kyosho roll shocks? I’ll grab em on Sunday if you still want to sell em… Will give them a try but I dont think it’s going to help

G10 O-plate offers more flex than the stiff CF one.:)

TallduDe
      Participant

yeah i still got em dave, but not tooo sure if josh wanted them still?

i dont think he would use em seeing he has a o-plate already…..

ill bring em and see if anyone wants em.

that G10 O-plate sounds like its really good, u bought one aye kev.

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

G10 O-plate offers more flex than the stiff CF one.:)

damn it, I know this stuff… your O plate would still be too stiff for my other Z Kev, hence the reason I want try roll shocks. If no-one else wants those roll shocks TD, i’ll take em… (whatever happened to first in, best dressed, anyway?) Has Josh contacted you about them? Does he have ready $$? These questions and more answered on Sunday…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.