“O” plate V`s roll/friction shocks

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Jay-Z
      Participant

my car is skipping all over the place, i know it`s cheaper to just put an O-plate on the back but does this compare performance wise to the shock set ups? ..and are the roll/friction shocks working with compression & rebound or just compression??

Edited by – Aaron on 19 September 2004 00:37:27

dgs73
      Participant

why do you ask me anything? You come here and get the same answer anyway. Every time. It aint cheaper to do an o plate, take it from someone who’s done both. You gotta get em first… Abit of both, to answer your question (again), but at that size not much of a difference. Mainly compression.

Edited by – dgs73 on 14 September 2004 15:58:39

Jay-Z
      Participant

well dave, i guess it`s a combination of getting my count up (& i`m sure you understand that one) and getting other peoples point of view. that`s how you find information without having to buy and trial every different combination. i thought that was the point of a forum.

TallduDe
      Participant

jay man

use an o-plate if you can get em plus a friction shock that set up is the bomb!

plus try to get some wide wheels…….would mean an end to the rexie.

ph2t
      Participant

wide rims, sticky (<40deg) tyres. two small things that made an INSANE amount of difference in handling…..

bithed
      Participant

..Ph2T is right…wide wheels, sticky tires AND an ‘O’ plate…Ok i am seriously considering do a run of these…DGS PLEASE send me an injured one PLUS i would like to ask for ideas / designs to IMPROVE on the design…Lets get the ball rolling on this…

dgs73
      Participant

i need two more dood… got no injured O plates at the mo, but give it time…:D email me

Jay-Z
      Participant

if you want a broken O plate, someone sell a good one to focca & just wait till sunday, lol!!

dgs73
      Participant

like anyone’s gonna part with one

peteWah
      Participant

Id like to see him break 1 just for the Foc of it:smiley2:

Jay-Z
      Participant

me too! ..and lets face it, if anyone`s going to break one focca`s the man:clown:

kevsta
      Participant

I think focca’s car needs its handling sorted. I could’ve sworn that his car rolled the most last Sunday, every time I looked at it, he was either running over the top of hoses or rolling or in an accident of some sort and I don’t think it’s the high center of gravity of the z8 shell, because by comparison it’s as high as the skyline shell.

TallduDe
      Participant

focca’s car has no rear suspension basicailly. only just a thin h-plate could compare it to a kyhoso soft h-plate.

its still got a stock diff aswell!

he let me “drive” it and thats one tail happy sucker. its got an x-speed with a 8 or 9 t pinon.

plus that high body aint helping matters much either.

he really needs some rear suspension a diff and maybe a different body.

but i guess his happywith jumper the fucker so it dont matter much :dead:

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.