OEM and Smart Car vs. Bits

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Ok derek, i see you have all three of them and was wondering, what should my friend do. He wants one but doesn’t exactly want to pay the money for the bit char-g. He wants to know if it is worth going to the smart car or the OEM car for how cheap they are or is it worth it to just pay the extra for the bit char-g. He wants to know if the parts are interchangable, if the front end steering is exqctly the same as the bits, and what makes the bits better other than detailed appearence and stuff that doesn’t really matter. I also wanted to ask if you could take pictures of the smart car and OEM’s front end because if the magnet rod is the same on one of them i would rather buy one of them for cheap and fix my lancer. Thanks a lot, Dave

mcojoc
      Participant

David,

I just got an oem bullet. Good tires (very sticky rubber on my hardwood floors), good range, motor isn’t interchangable. Appears to be (can’t be sure) a 1.0 motor with higher gearing. Gearing is pretty tall (pinion is much larger than the 6 tooth on the bit char-g’s) which means the motor is weak and has to be geared taller to get reasonable speed, however torque suffers. The car takes so long to start after stopping unless fully charged. I was able to put the OEM body on my bit char g, but not vice-versa. The front appears to be the same, but I have not opened it up yet myself… I hope this helps out…My suggestion is to spring for the bit-char-g unless you just want a “toy”…

Admin
      Participant

Thanks for the useful info man. I appreciate it. Later

Admin
      Participant

Yeah the OEM is like a cheap and nasty car you give to kids, In Australia they can be sold by Derek and I for like $30 and still give a bit in for the running of the site. Pay more than that for one and you’re being ripped off!

Stick with the genuine cars aless money is real tight!

Aaron

Admin
      Participant

Well being as that i am a student with no job, money is ALWAYS an issue. LoL, but i was wondering how much is 30 AUD converted to US dollars. Thanks a lot, Dave

Admin
      Participant

A good place for currency conversion is…

http://www.xe.net/ucc/

:smiley8:

Admin
      Participant

David

I see the other guys have dived in and answered most of your questions. I will rip apart one of the OEM cars on the weekend (flat out at the moment) and take some photos for you. Stay tuned :smiley15:

I can see the issue of spare parts becoming an increasingly-important issue. On a DAILY basis now, I’m getting one or two emails asking if I have “x” or “y” available. The unfortunate answer is “no”. It would require the butchering of one of my cars, as Tomy (as far as I know), do not sell replacement spare parts!

Hello, Tomy? Anyone over there listening to us? :smiley2:

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.