off topic: aus. wrx

Home Forums General Chat off topic: aus. wrx

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

hey, just wondering if anyone has hookups with real wrx seats. derek? anyone located in australia? thinking of getting a wrx, but the seats in theUS suck. b

Admin
      Participant

Actually, I kinda like my seats. Although the euro spec seat look pretty nice. Don’t know what Aussie spec seats look like.Did you wantthe STi seats? They’re nice, but for the price, I’d rather get Sparcos.

Admin
      Participant

Aren’t the stock seats in the US WRX sparco seats made in the sparco factory for them? I know for sure the steering wheel is momo and im pretty sure i heard the seats are sparco. I thought about getting on for awhile but for 24 grand i reconsidered. But it’s worth it for the 227 horses and 13.5 punds of boost stock. Dave

Admin
      Participant

a person that works with me has the wrx and his seats are kinda mushy and the material is so so. another friend who has a RS got some wrx seats from australia and they were waay different. just like how the typeR seat in the US and Japan are different.

hmm. i don’t really care about the power anymore. i had a 250 hp car at 1 bar which was enough for me and that was before my boosted eclipse. i just like that blue color and wagon for my bikes. b

Admin
      Participant

In that case, maybe you should go with the TS. Actually, I have the 2002 RS, so I don’t have the WRX power, but it has plenty as is (and I have modded it ). The TS will save you about $6k, but you will be giving up some stuff like:

• “stiff” suspension (the WRX wagon isn’t as stiff as the sedan and the TS has an even mushier suspension)
      • rear disk brakes
      • stock fog lights (not a big deal…aftermarkets are better and cheaper if you want them)
      • Aluminum hood w/ scoop (I just want the light weight…but they do ding easily from what I hear)
      • there is probably other stuff (RS didn’t come with a trunk light :smiley5:)
      • [/list]

Admin
      Participant

BDrift

My suggestions would be to do a combination of the following

• Post a message to the newsgroup aus.cars(refer Google) stating what you’re after;
      • Email me offline with the details. One of the guys inClub DUH!(a car club associated with aus.cars) is associated with one of the WRX Australia Rally teams down here (hence my interest in ZeroBXU’s decals). I’ll pass on your details and see what he can come up with for you;
      • Contact some of the WRX Owner Clubs in Oz directly and see what’s available.
      • [/list]

If there’s anything that I can do to help you (eg with shopping or shipping etc) just let me know and I’d be more than happy to help out where possible.

Regards

Derek
        (Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz time)

Admin
      Participant

ylezot. it has to be the wrx. i still gotta have turbo.

derek. sounds good. i gotta see what the sti version seats look like. thanks for you help. b

Admin
      Participant

hey derek, i finally got my WRX wagon. not WR blue, but the silver color to hide my laziness. gotta break in the motor, but i already ordered the vishnu stage 0 and am heavily debating the stage 2 which is 350hp on pump gas!!

i haven’t even gotten 100 miles on it yet and i feel “happier” in it than my s2000. maybe it is so easy going. anyways, i tried to look for the newsgroup and it looked like it was closed ot something. yeah, the sti seats are nice looking. if you could get some prices for me, that would be awesome. also, if the rally team has any extra stuff like barely used front mounts IC’s and stuff let me know. if they got any advice, i’d love to hear that too. thanks b

Admin
      Participant

my dad might have some genuine STI seats for sale?

Drop me a email at U color=#0000ffAndrewclarkey@aol.com/Uand ill tell you the price but rember they are STI so they will be expencive they are the black ones with cherry inserts

Admin
      Participant

heheh – a lot of the WRX guys I know have ripped out their seats… and fitted Integra Type-R Recaros instead :p

GT-ahh
      Participant

ha, i think wrx’s are a wate of money, my1976 hj monaro GTS (with extractors) will beat a wrx over 300m and it only cost me $2500. im rebuilding the engine with flat-tops, forged piston, moly rods, lifters,and a new camso im expecting at least250kW at the fly.

Admin
      Participant

nah, they are good for the money. it all depends on how you look at it. the other day my friendin his yellow s2k was cruising with me in my silver s2k and a civic wanted to race. my friend went with him and killed him without even downshifting. the civic guy then caught up and said his gsr motor was not running good and “just wait 3 weeks when he gets his turbo kit”. my response was “so you put a gsr motor and turbo in your civic and it is fast, what does that make it???? a civic…..

i had my share of cheap fast cars, 12 second SE-R, eclipse GSX, 89 colt w/ 4G63 motor (very fun), civic b16, civic GSR, blah blah. so far i do enjoy my s2k and wrx very very much. actually i enjoy the wrx a slight bit more than the s2k. oh well..

kinda like should i buy a bit char or OEM? yeah, a 2 batt OEM will be faster than a 1 batt bit char, but what will that make it? still a OEM POS. b

Admin
      Participant

very good point about the OEM b_drift

Admin
      Participant

GT-ahh, i am not dissing the monaro. in the US, i don’t think we had them here. they look cool though. peace b

GT-ahh
      Participant

lmao “89 colt w/ 4G63 motor “.

colts rock. nothing like handbreakys in a front wheel drive…

Admin
      Participant

hey GT-ahh, no kidding. my colt has a 90 eclipse turbo motor in it. hows 14.8 @ 94mph on tiny stock street tires and no suspension sound? also, the eclipse intercooler was heat soaked badly. i couldn’t even chirp any gears that it was so bad. otherwise during the night, i can fry first second and most of third normally. i think a low 14 would be very possible if the IC was cool. b

GT-ahh
      Participant

lmao did you know that with stock mitsu coltshave a hose from some enviro emission control thingy connected to the carby, and if you pull it off, it sounds like your running a 4inch sports exhaust, my mates colt has a silver bonnet and we put in a 4inch tacho from a boat aswell…we get so many strange looks.

Admin
      Participant

wrx’s are turds i smoke um i got a 98 supra rz bomex body kit nos 200 shot pro fogger kit with dual sprayers kamakazi header twin procharger d-3r with intercooler spraco trouing seats wings west carbon fiber hood dual apex n-1 aem cam geas aem underdrive pullys venom intake with dual 65mm thro. bodys. yes i eat vets, stang. wrx, civcs , camaros alot. dynoed at 482bhp@5,400 rp’s with 496lbs of tork.

but you wanna make your car sound strange make a cold air intake to your stock air box outta pool hose and when your rpm’s go up its gets louder . sounds a lil like a loud ass turbo. but if you wanna make it sound good get a nice injen cai.

Admin
      Participant

haha. that is some funny sheez. if you got a 98 supra ANDpick on civics ANDhave a screen name of lancer_evo, that says something. damn with that much stuff, you should be making a lot more power. maybe you gotta get someone else to tune your car.

nah, this is my daily driver. as long as it does high 12’s, i won’t complain. so far i got the vishnu stage 0 kit coming in. their site says their customers do about 13.2 after it. maybe i’ll go up to their stage 2 and stop. still looking for the Aussie hookups though. b

GT-ahh
      Participant

nah im sweet, i ripped out my engine today and im trying to do the rebuild and respray in 2 weeks.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.