oh god.. TWANG!!! (steering problem)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

I haven’t had much time to bitchar-g these last few weeks, but I pulled it out last night and gave it a quick spin around the bathroom whilst on the throne :).

My steerings been shaky since I bought the thing and I’ve pulled the front chassis apart like 5 or6 times no in an attempt to try and fix it :(.

The problem is it turns one way fine, but the other is weak as and the end result is when I turn one way, the steering is sharp but the other direction results in a big wide circle turn. Also the response time of the wide circle turn is laggy about 1-2 seconds. When I pick up the car and hold it flat bottomside down but suspended off the ground and hit left or right, left works fine, when I hit right I hear the click of the magnet hitting the electromagnet inside but the wheels only slightly budge. By tilting the car eventually it moves over, but it’s touch and go.

Pulling the front apart numerous times now to try and fix it I can find no goddamn reason why this is happening. With the little “roof” bit off that is held down by the screw the steering arm is free to move left and right and it does, so it’s not a problem with the magnets as it moves left and right with equal force. Now somehow the cover or what I don’t know is restricting or something is not getting a grip when turning right only once the screw cover has been replaced.

Now i’ve gone over all the parts, all the nooks and crannies searching for ANYTHING – a scratch even goddamn but NOTHING is there! It just refuses to turn right properly once I’ve put that screw on cover back on. I’ve played with the steering adjuster too but even scaled down to favour the right, the turning difference is noticeable, left is night and tight but right is still a huge circle turn, only slightly smaller then when the steering adjuster is in neutral.

Today I pulled it apart again, dunno why I’ve checked, double checked and triple checked everything inside trying to work out wtf is causing it and I was having a look at that little springy thing inside thinking maybe that had a bias to the left side and it wasn’t returning the steering arm magnet to the centre causing a weaker right turn. All of a sudden TWANG! It sprung off somewhere. I’ve just spent the last 30 minutes trying to find the little bugger but it seems like it’s gone, (Note to self, *never* do bitchar-g repairs on cluttered pc desk again).

Has anyone found a replacement for these little buggers? Aside from not having much spare time I’ve sorta stopped playing with it because of this ongoing steering problem :(. Be nice to have equal steering strengths, but now my main concern is getting another of these little springy things.. any ideas?

Shard

mcojoc
      Participant

Replacements just from another car…. None from household items. The OEM cars are about $15.00 bucks each. I’d just asoon buy a replacement regular Bit instead however. Sorry, I’m not much help…

Admin
      Participant

Ok i went looking for new bit sites and found some japanese ones which one had some guy buy yamaha guitar strings. He got like ultra fine and super fine like i think i twas labeled .08 and .09 strings and from the looks of it, it showed he fixed it. You can possibly try that. Dave

Admin
      Participant

is that $15 USD?

I hope not :), although it might also solve my steering problem hmm.

Where would I order OEM cars from to get to Australia?

Shard

Admin
      Participant

Guitar strings hey.. well my brother plays guitar I’ll ask him about those strings when he gets back and how much they’d be thanks.

Shard

Admin
      Participant

Yea it is 15 USD, and the site is toyeast.com. You get a car that is almost identical to the bit just well you can put it as a generic bit that they really cannot call a toyotas but rather thay call a WRC or GTR and made with non-interchangable parts with the bit. But the steering can be taken out and put in the bit and i heard the steering on them is a bit shorter so that the bit turns a little better after put in. I dunno i will try soon! Dave

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.