oh oh dj I WANT ONE !!!!!

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Is this what I think it is?? A turbo charger phwoar!!!!!!

Do we have any availability??

tom62961box.gif

Shard

Admin
      Participant

I have one!

They are very fast in high speed.

The drawback is they are currently hard to get and cost a LOT more than a regular one.

Expect to pay around $70 for the car (available in 4 frequencies), and then about $60 for the controller (which can be switched between multiple frequencies.)

I’ll investigate a group order once I’m back from some much needed Holidays on the 6th of May.

Aaron

Admin
      Participant

Shard

I got an opportunity to take one for a test-drive on the weekend. Yes – they are WAY COOL. You turn into a straight section of of track and hit the TURBO button – WAHOOOOO! It just pulls away.

As Aaron said, the price sux0rs. The kit is basically a 2-speed car with everything except a controller. To control it, you MUST use the special 4band multi-controller (which has a third channel for the turbo).

The upside, of course, is that the multi-controller can run all of your other cars (27MHz, 35MHz, 45MHz and 57MHz), simply by dialling up the frequency on the controller. Yep – one controller for your entire fleet

Cheers

Admin
      Participant

Oh bah that sux.

Why couldn’t they just release the little turbo chip thing, and a controlled with a turbo button on it :(.

Shard

Admin
      Participant

Shard – that would be too easy, so it seems

Admin
      Participant

I’ll be able to confirm pricing better once I’m back from holidays and have a bit of time to chase our suppliers – but we’d probably find a way to provide a controller and car package for not too much more than a regular limited edition car.

Likewise I have tracked down the Mario Kart characters and the Initial-D and Trueno tuner kits – all of which are very limited editions. They’d be between $80 and $130 (no joke!) but are all pretty cool combos.

Basically at this stage all I can say is roll on May 6th when I’ll be able to chase more info!

Ohh I just got a package in containing 3.0 MOTORS a couple of Lancer Evos and a digital timer etc 😉 All the stuff is mega cool!

Admin
      Participant

Wow you guys pay a premuim for stuff down under.

I picked up a controller, booster car, and 3.0 motor for $49.00 USD (including shipping) from ToysEast.

Admin
      Participant

Im with floyd. I got one ordered up from toyseast for 49.00 with everything he got. By the by floydski how long did it take for them to deliver??

dan.

Krayzie
      Participant

I put in an order at toy east on the 23rd and they shipped it on the 26th.. i’m supposed to recieve it on the 5th of may so doesnt seem too long. My roomate won a toyeast auction on ebay and got his car in about 7 days after they shipped.

Admin
      Participant

i got my booster set for 38.99 plus shipping off ebay. you guys are gettin’ hosed!

Krayzie
      Participant

i got my booster set directly from toyeast for $36.. would have been $34 if i didnt get the damn 57mhz frequency

Admin
      Participant

Yes, and that would be USD…. plus shipping…

Krayzie
      Participant

yup but shippings not too bad when you buy a bunch of cars at once and split it with a friend. it was like $26 USD for shipping for a booster pack, 4band remote, 2 3.0 motors, mario kart yoshi, and 2 AE86 tune up kits. would shipping something from china to australia becheaper than shipping to the US?

Admin
      Participant

Mine would be :

35mhz BoosterCar

4 Band controller

3.0 motor

$38.00

+ $10 to airship.

hmmm… Hosed? Really?

Admin
      Participant

pardon my initial response. i was thinking in terms of us dollars. i got mine for same price floydski.

Admin
      Participant

Derek and I can now supply booster cars for under US$50 and if we get a good buy point on 3.0 motors we can better those package prices.

I should describe how we determine pricing and source our cars….In another post maybe…

Admin
      Participant

what booster cars do u supply? i would like to get one.

ryan

Admin
      Participant

My booster car is great Ive been having lots of fun with it. But the 3.0 motor is a waste. Allthough it works in my friends car it hardly works in mine. Ive tried 3 different motors, all suck. In my friends car it has a slow wind up but has a better top speed. All in all the 2.2 is way faster overall.

dan

Admin
      Participant

Oh for what it’s worth I’ve plugged a 3.0 motor into my 57MHz booster car, and aside from causing desktop havoc with my clumsiness (600ml of water on me, desk, and office chair) and can report back…

• When up to speed 3.0 motors ROCK
      • 3.0 motors have no torque in low, so the 12:1 gears should be used which defests the speed purpose I think over say a 2.2 with the 9.86:1 gears.
      • Battery run time is diminished
      • Jumps higher when up to speed
      • [/list]

Overall great to impress your fellow racers but it didn’t rock my socks – that said witht eh right gearing and a good course it would blitz!

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.