Opinions please TT-01 Vs TB-02

Home Forums 1/8, 1/10, 1/12, 1/18 – Discussion Opinions please TT-01 Vs TB-02

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      micro_Amps
      Participant

Your opinions / prefferences sought please. They are close in price and will only be used for street and a bit of track fun (on a budget).
      So for people in the know….. whats the differences / pros and cons.
      Which way should I go and why?
      The other option was an EP TC3, yeah…but I dunno….higher $$$
      :)uA

Edited by – micro_Amps on 28 December 2004 20:25:41

merc-blue
      Participant

not even a choice TB02 is far better.. the TT01 is “toyish” were as the Tb02 is teh “sport” version of the EVO3 wait for pandabear to comment

TallduDe
      Participant

i was in the same boat micro, after some research i was told that the the tb02 is far better.

has all the same diff’s and suspension as upper class 1/10ths plus it comes with full ball bearings, heat sink and alloy shaft.

one prob is no esc which the tt01 has a mechanical 1 but mech 1’s arent worth shit so its worth it to get the tb02 to avoid having too many parts.

and buy a good esc later on.

merc-blue
      Participant

i would say buy a decent ESC straight away.. really cheap nastys blow up get a nosram international or sumthign for 100 bux a good reliable ESC with a decent turn/current limit

kevsta
      Participant

I went for the TB02 as well because it suited my budget, has the flexibility of suspension adjustments and also because I prefer to source tamiya parts from the east rather than the west just personal preference I guess.

I haven’t got mine running yet, just rolling chassis and kit forms at the moment, so can’t offer any opinions on how well it handles…

The only downfall of this chassis is the motor mount having fixed holes for mounting the motor pinion gear from the spur gear (I think Tamiya wanted racers to use equal gearing for racing). Factory standard, the highest gear setting you can use is 5.70:1 with the 25 tooth pinion gear (option part) and the 55 tooth spur gear. However there a work arounds to get higher gearing by buying gears from other tamiya chassis. Some time in the future, I’m pretty sure someone will be making an adjustable motor mount for this chassis, perhaps a TB02-R…

merc-blue
      Participant

kev.. im pretty sure there is a alloy motor mount that has standar “slotted” holes and 5.7 is a respectable ratio with a sport tuned motor or 20T ish it will be quick enough.. unless u got the driving ablility and the gear to suit it a sport tuned motor and 5.7 is TONs

TallduDe
      Participant

true remember those guys at tempe kev with the higher gears! they never stayed on the track due to car being qiker then there skills.

as for the handling of the tb02 its really good, stable and predictable(well mine is anyways)

its all stock my set up, and i even built the thing myself. it has even steering no over/understeer for one side. and the turning circle is nice and tight.

would say get yourself an alloy motor mount with hotter motors they melt the plastic motor mount.

plus get some good tire’s.

btw even with pvc wheels (for drifting) the thing handle well.

merc-blue
      Participant

yeah get take off 27s there the standard tyre.. and good.. dont get tamiya tyres.. they cost to much .. get medium inserts (any barnd) and use nylon tyres casue its easyer to remove teh old tyres when teh wearout

virgin atlantic
      Participant

i got a tb02 nib kit for sale, porsche carrera gt body, look in the for sale thread for 1/10 cars.

betty.k
      Participant

i can vouch for virgin atlantic ua, just be careful. he drives a hard bargain! you may end up with more than you expected!:smiley2::8ball:

PandaBear
      Participant

There’s a chance that the TB02

Quote:
      Your opinions / prefferences sought please. They are close in price and will only be used for street and a bit of track fun (on a budget).
      So for people in the know….. whats the differences / pros and cons.
      Which way should I go and why?

TB02 is far superior to TT01. :smiley16:

Hell, methink TT01 don’t even come with ballbearings… 👿
      TB02 is great value for the money whichever way you cut it.

Talking of which, if you’re after a preloved TB02
      with the works in Tamiya Options bolted on, gimme a hey. 🙂

micro_Amps
      Participant

Thanks guys, a TB-02 it will be.

Damn Panda, 🙁 if you had only posted 12 hours earlier I probably would have found a home for that car.
      Anyway, a deal has been done, now all I need is some practice.
      Thanks for all your help and info guys, its appreciated. :D:D

leonli17
      Participant

Good, we might even able to do some races on TFTR soon. I’m sick of driving alone already.

merc-blue
      Participant

lol leon look at ou540 spec class lol
      me – evo3 SL with all this damn expensive pit equipment
      leon- schumacher mission 1 with midrange pit equptment and good radio
      ken – TB02 with good pit equiptment and the best readio out there .. and is the fastest of us all
      dan – mission 1 with lower range pit equpitment etc
      now
      microamps – tB02 and no idea on the rest

3 TBs vs 2 Mis ur mi is all hoped up compared to dans and my Tb is all hoped up compared to kens and micro amps…

PandaBear
      Participant

I think we might have enough guys to establish a Drift team… :D:smiley16:

betty.k
      Participant

don’t forget me! hpi rs4 rally!:D:8ball:

leonli17
      Participant

hehe….lets just go and practise team drift shall we? at least now we have enough people for a proper race without all those PRO guys keep lapping us.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.