[OT-ish] Updated site…again!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hi peeps.

Well since I built the site I’ve been trying various designs, navigation bars, buttons etc. and not been too happy with the result,well I now think I’ve got it sorted. I’ve used JavaScript to create the navigation bar and I think its much better. The whole site looks neater and much better IMO.

However I’d like to hear your comments and opinions on the layout of the site. So if you don’t mind and could spare a few minutes, please check it out and drop us an e-mail.

Cheers.

Admin
      Participant

Looks nice, maybe a background will make it look better? I like the Javascript buttons =)

on http://www.microracers.co.uk/the do the LXX for 17.50 =(

Admin
      Participant

Not bad, a little bit too much to look at on the front page though… maybe it’s just the startk black & white.

Still, on the right track.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Caine on 20October2002

Looks nice, maybe a background will make it look better? I like the Javascript buttons =)

on http://www.microracers.co.uk/the do the LXX for 17.50 =(

I’ve never been too keen on backgrounds – it can sometimes make a page look really great or extremely naff! It is a bit bland at the moment though. I think I need to break up the text on the first page a little with some pictures and a splash of colour.

Thanks for pointing that out Caine, I’ll have to adjust my ‘cheapest online’ quote until I get a reply from my business partner as to whether we can drop lower.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Gomisan on 20October2002

Not bad, a little bit too much to look at on the front page though… maybe it’s just the startk black & white.

Still, on the right track.

Thanks Gomisan. What do you suggest I do with the front page? Will breaking up the text with pictures help? Or should I just cut some of the text out? I know its a little bland at the moment – I’ll try adding a bit of colour to it.

Admin
      Participant

Breaking it up with some pics would help a lot. Makes it a bit easier to focus on different areas and find what’s of interest.

Admin
      Participant

Thanks, will do. I’ve just finished the different sections. Theres now a ‘Bit Char-G’ button which drops a menu down to more information sections such as ‘Coming Soon’. Just got to convert my ‘tips’ section to the new layout and do Mikes Mods. Sorted :smiley1:

Admin
      Participant

I like the new mini banner aswell =)

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Caine on 21October2002

I like the new mini banner aswell =)

Yeah :smiley2:

Like the new site banner too? I just changed it last night :smiley1:

Of course, I’d comment on your site Caine, but you’ve still banned me!

Admin
      Participant

Hehe, your unbanned now! 🙂

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.