Overland: What Mods?

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • Author
      12a_rx2
      Participant

Hey Guys

i just bought myself a white pajero mini-z overland today and i already want to mod it lol. just wana know what parts i shoud get for it as i got no idea, i mainly want more speed as i fell its to slow but i know i will probobly have to strenth’n it or somthin
      and also where to get them

Cheers, Lewis

Keymaster

Welcome 🙂

I’ve only just secured myself an overland but from our experience in selling parts the overlands have very few weak spots.

You should look at investing in some alloy suspension mounts as these tend to get broken. After that the most common failure seesm to be ripping the ball joints out of hte gearbox and servo cases. Easiest fix is just to replace the parts as they break – and try not to hit things as hard 😉

Cover the basics like Bearings (for under $20) and a carefull check of rolling resistance (Free) first.

To get more speed you could try a PN Speedy05 or Speedy05BB or even an NM if you want stump pulling torque. These motros will all run well with stock FETs, once you move to hotter motors you need to consider FET stacks (IRF7317) or an External turbo (Spider or WoahNelly).

We’ve found a lot of people are happy running a Spider and PN Saber motor in Monsters and Overlands. It’s a quick and torquey combo that still can be driven gently around the house.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

12a_rx2
      Participant

alright then sounds like i might be getting a few things, how much would i be looking at for some alloy suspension mounts , a hot motor and a fet stack ( i’m new to these things wtf is it lol)

12a_rx2
      Participant

:smiley3: wow got some decent batteries for it and it is much better now!
      last 10-15min instead of 2min lol
      only thing is it goes so much faster i smashed one of the body mounting tags:smiley6:

Keymaster

On the body or on the chassis? have a browse through the shop (http://shop.ausmicro.net) – you’ll get an idea of our prices and what we try to carry in stock all the time.

FET stacking is where the main chips (FETs) that run the motor get removed fromt eh board and a number of new higher performance FET are put in their place. To increase the performance these are stacked so they’re wired in Parallel.

Good batteries do make a difference and bearings also will increase run-times. Overally some alloy mounts, some bearings, a FET stack or external turbo plus a motor would cost around the AUD100 mark. I woudl suggest bearings and Warm motor first 🙂 (Under AUD50)

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

the body tag sounds like it broke, its a simple glue job. when working with my overland i tend to use a mix of super glue and plastic glue, but just super glue will do.

ball bearings are the really needed next part, youll get a far better feeling out of the car with them as they like to roll on a bit after powering which adds to the handling i think.

the warm motor of my choice is the speedy nm. its powerfull and punchy and wont need any turbo modding. if your lucky you might even get one with bearings in the motor.

the NM in the motor discription stands for neo-magnets. these are stronger than regular black ferrite magnets and so the feilds inside the motor are stronger, giving it more kick. ((i might be slightly off here guys, correct me please!)). having that extra punch gives the overlander way more versatility on terrain. flat out reverse to forward makes it wheel stand no sweat.

also, consider stainless pins for suspension and steering if you do like to use yours outdoors (where it should be!).

you can see pics of the knock around H-1 hummer i did for mine in the gallery.

12a_rx2
      Participant

yep body tag broke and i’ve super glued it and it seems fine

think i’m gona just get a bearing set and a a warm motor and replace anything as it brakes
      also i’ve just bought an awd one as well lol ( i’m addicted! already lol)
      so i’ll spend some cash on that, will probobly just sell a nitro car to get some cash together
      but yeah i dont think i’ll be driving it outside much and the only terrain its gona see it some jumps on the floorboards lol

z-beam
      Participant

if your going to jump it be carefull, that front gearbox if it takes a few hits will cause you poblems.

have you had a go with the diff lock? i keep mine permanantly and it has no problems breaking traction on most surfaces with the neo magnet motor (warm one Aaron is talking about).

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Overlander is not good for high speed race and jump.
      Beware, it is very easy to break.
      Good Luck!

12a_rx2
      Participant

ok no more jumping for me :smiley13:
      How do i lock the diff?

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Check with the last photo at right hand side and your Mini-Z manual
      http://www.kyosho.co.jp/web/products/car_bike/miniz/minizoverland/overland_series/overland-e.html
      This part is inside of your Overlander ready set, design for lock the diff.
      🙂

12a_rx2
      Participant

alright i locked the diff on the overland then smashed it up lol and the replacment suspension mount that came with the car is gay so i need a new one

also got my awd car today… the thing goes hard so much better than my overland
      but can i lock the diffs in it?

12a_rx2
      Participant

Buster the AWD mini-z:smiley13:
      down the stairs and broke the suspension thing that holds the rear wheel
      cant seem to find any replacments on here for it either, nor can i find alloy suspension mounts for my overland

Keymaster

I’ve not had a chance to add the Ally mounts tot he shop inventory yet. But, which part on the AWD is broke? the Knuckle? the Arm? etc the rear section of my original chassis is in great condition and I could probably send you a spare from it 🙂

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

awd, down stairs? *facepalm* not even an overland would handle this hehe…

12a_rx2
      Participant

yeah umm dad was driving lol
      the bit thats broken is the part the rear wheel bolts too that also does the suspension on the R/H rear side
      it’s one of those pins thats snapped

z-beam
      Participant

got a digi cam 12a?

12a_rx2
      Participant

yeah i do

why?

12a_rx2
      Participant

fuckin double post:smiley7:

betty.k
      Participant

i think he’s hinting for some pics;) :8ball:

12a_rx2
      Participant

pics of the damage, here it is

dscf08717mw.jpg

Keymaster

Ouch! Hopefully those part I sent arrive soon!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

so the knuckles busted? ouch. i highly recomend the super awesome cambered knuckles. this means they are slightly angled…

12a_rx2
      Participant

and how much do they cost?

z-beam
      Participant

the cambered knuckles i got where cheap, considering how much the handling improved…

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.