Palm Runner Cost ? $99.00 IS THIS TOO MUCH

Home Forums Mini-Z, Mini-X, X-Mods and other Mini-Scale Tin Car, Palm Runner and similar Palm Runner Cost ? $99.00 IS THIS TOO MUCH

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      empirebayjmt
      Participant

I went to my local hobby store to look 4 z parts n the only thing I could find was a Palm Runner 4 $99 Dollars this seems a bit steep to me ? What r they really worth ?

peteWah
      Participant

+50 is what ive seen them for, So, give or take the same price as a auto scale shell which is all you would be buying the palm runner for, ie : the shell…

Go and have a look at the kyosho stuff at toyeast:smiley2:
      or do a search on google for particular parts:)

What parts are you after anyway:smiley2:

dgs73
      Participant

thet’re a big Bit when it comes down to it… where abouts did you see them for that price? Like Pete sez, they used to go for about 49.95 in the city… about the same price as an autoscale (display), with as many useable parts that can carry over to a Z; body, wheels/tyres, bodyclip. Spend an extra 40 or so and get the real deal.:smiley2:

empirebayjmt
      Participant

It is at Toyworld at Erina N.S.W. iT IS A weird rally type lookin car Lancia or sumthin ? Can u use the wheels from them ?
      I am just lookin 4 alloy parts n only 1 shop said they can order them so i think i will just buy parts from da ausmicro shop …:p looks like good bodys cumin soon

Geo-Z
      Participant

empirebayjmt…..99 bucks is a ripoff. Then again, hobbyco in the city used to sell a porshe 911 palm runner for 89.95…..buying z stuff in sydney is the pits, like dgs said, u can probably buy an official readyset or iwaver for around that amount.

ken_wyleung
      Participant

empirebayjmt..

Do you have any R/C Car before?
      If don’t, go to ToyEast to buy an Iwaver 01 without any optional upgrade parts.

It can be the best way for you to find out yourself like to play R/C car or not. 🙂

Edited by – ken_wyleung on 19 February 2005 03:35:06

empirebayjmt
      Participant

yes i have an mini z mr01 vw beetle 🙂

z-beam
      Participant

i got a red beetle readyset sitting around i got for $25 wouldnt have payed more than that for it… is yours yellow or red empire?

empirebayjmt
      Participant

Its lime green what $25 thats cheap ? is that a palm runner or mini z mr01 ? Mine is a Z

empirebayjmt
      Participant

Its lime green what $25 thats cheap ? is that a palm runner or mini z mr01 ? Mine is a Z

empirebayjmt
      Participant

empirebayjmt
      Participant

wtf is goin on with that 3 posts ?
      n way pic is here in me gallery

Z-Nagual
      Participant

$50-$60 more could get you a mini-z. Palm runners are piss weak. They run off 2 aa’s and only have 2 speeds… Flat out or dead stop (they aren’t digitally proportional). Even worse than that is the steering is the same. You could compare it to playstation 1 controllers before analogue capabilities.:dead: On the flipside they can be used to experiment on and if it has a shell that you want its the same price as buying a mini-z shell. With the added advantage of a cheap set of rims. To pay $99 would be foolish.

blurrc
      Participant

bump…

I just found this palm runner on ebay…

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Kyosho-Palm-runner-rx7-initial-d-edition-mini-z-size

Is this a good price?? I don’t think I am really interested though so if any of you guys want it, go for it haha.

blurrc
      Participant

bump…

I just found this palm runner on ebay…

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Kyosho-Palm-runner-rx7-initial-d-edition-mini-z-size

Is this a good price?? I don’t think I am really interested though so if any of you guys want it, go for it haha.

z-beam
      Participant

blast from the past lol

kevsta
      Participant

I recall that palm runners use to be sold for $45 at hobby co in sydney cbd, but that was years ago.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.