Pan chassy done

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      VR-4
      Participant

i just finished up on my prototype pan chassy for the mini z and it handles better and corners alot better and you dont need anuthing else to use it becouse it uses all stock parts or aftermarket parts.

i ll have pics of it posted some time tomorrow becouse im lighting the chassy.

after im done and i post pics i ll be selling them for $10usd for a clear plastic chassy i used clear dark blue on my prototype. i ll offer just about any color along with cf for $30 and fiberglass for $20. the cf and fiberglass sides will be angles a little to hold the batt better the plastic will be a few mm, longer so you can dubbleside tape the cells on.

it uses a saddlepack type of batt. placement that loweres the cg and the batt. can be mover on the plastic verson for increased traction. the cf and the fiberglass chassys will beable to use 2batt longatude and 2 latatude when useing the long wheel base.

i still plan on doing some fine tuneing to it to make it stronger and lighter.

i plan on sending 8 chassy out for free to some people when im finished on them for soem beta testing. i ll ship 4 in the usa and 4 in aus.

Weapon
      Participant

wow that sounds cool, wanna do some for race tins 😛 hehe hope to see the pics soon! 😀

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Do race tins have any suspension?

VR-4
      Participant

not shure im looking into buying 1 so i’ll let you know when i find out more

Weapon
      Participant

yeah but only if u buy the aftermarket add ons 😀

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

And how do they handle compared to a mini z?

VR-4
      Participant

well i made 3 prototypes all in 2.5 plastic. the final product will be offerd in molded cf molded fiberglass and diff. color clear plastic.

the clear plastic chassy have some kick up on the sides and are dual deacks “still tweeking the top deck for some looks” theres side kick up so the cells can hold on and batt. placement is going to be 1 cell on each side then 2 under the first deck that will be set back about a 1/4 inch. i found that this way it is more ballanced handles well dosent spin out as easy and is more stable at high speeds.

i just went head to head with my stock mini z and my 2nd z had my chassy i used all stock parts and stock h plates and i found that my chassy had more traction and had more controle through the turns.

then came rally time for this i used lego tires and i would get full speed with a x speed and do a 30 deg. turn from hard wood onto carpet and allmost every time the stock z fliped but my chassy never fliped.

im priceing some things i might offer with the chassy like 2 AA cell holdes for the side so all you gotta do is connect 1 wire then hook up the + and – to the pcb.

so far as fine tuneing i just wanna make a new front peace that the sway bar goes into becoue the part im ueing now is ugly but works on my prototype.

there might be 1 more final evalution of the chassy but so far im holding my pcb onto the top plate with some velcro so its kina like the mini z f1.

heres what some choice you have for chassys G-10 fiberglass GF plastic or plexglass

i tested a plexiglass chassy and its more than enoguht for a mini z chassy so dont think its gonna be weak and its rather stiff to “thats a good thing”

i’ll post pics when im done with the prototype and i;ll make 3 clear dark blue chassy the same day im done and have them redy for sale when i post the pics.

the next evalution of this chassy will be able to fit 4 AA so bring on the high mha’s

VR-4
      Participant

theres 3 chassys going into final produstion the z-28 sts and the bomber. the z-28 is the same as the bomber but the sides dont have any kick up and its lighter than the bomber.

the sts is a drag chassy with 1 deck lighed. what means theres no upped deck so you need to use either a w plate o plate or x plate.

the bomber handles the best on tracks with alot of turns and can have the cells mounted in diff. styles for traction.

the sts

84.4 mm long
      44.0 mm wide
      2.5mm thick

the z-28

85.0 mm long
      53.0 mm wide
      2.5 mm thick

the bomber

85.0 mm long
      56.7 mm wide
      2.5 mm thick

the bomber will have optional upper decks some time in the upcomeing week.

body mounting, The bomber kit will have slots in the side for the side mounts but you need to the mounts on your body a little so they fit int he slot. “just cut the front off” the rest of the chassy im still working on the side mount problem so im open for ideas on that but they all use the stock front nose clip for the body.

tomorrow after i lighten the bomber prtotype i’ll be racing a mini z with a proz chassy “fiberglass verson” to make everything fair were useing new outta the box x speeds same cells 900mha nimh and stock mini z parts nothing aftermarket but the chassys.

bithed
      Participant

…has ANYTHING ever come of this ?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

course not!!

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

This comes from a guy that built a WORKING Bit Heli, and a Nitro Tamiya Mini 4wd, all without taking a single picture.:question:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

lol lancer_evo/VR-4/magtec_racing -all the same person, and he has one more ‘alias’

icebreaka
      Participant

haha lols.. where are the pics to this.. :p

icebreaka
      Participant

haha lols.. where are the pics to this.. :p

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.