…PanicToys Research Question…

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      bithed
      Participant

…We need your opinions for a new item we are looking to assemble…

…Introducing ‘PANICTOOLS’…

…QUESTION: Whats in your ‘micro-rc’ tool box ? Particularly Bit Char-G and the like AND Mini Z…

…Tell us what you use in your tool box that is invaluable…Tell us what you would like to see available…Later we would like to set up a survey for pricing but right now we want to know what you fiddle with the most…When your machine needs some TLC do you smack it with something ? Stroke it with something ? Slice it ? Dice it ? Bake it or fry it ? Let us know 🙂

…BitHed has spoken…

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Well there are a few things are my tool box could not do without.

1. Micro screwdrivers (nice small heads)

2.extra parts

3.Soldering iron (and solder of course)

4.Beer Bottle opener (its a must)

merc-blue
      Participant

halping hand things…. u need them to hold the pcb still whiile soldering also clip on heatsink so u dont fry stuff if replacing transistors n stuff

ph2t
      Participant

Bithed, two things are essential.

1) Bluetac!

2) The “Bit Tool” that comes in the GS-xx body kits.

ph2t.

bithed
      Participant

…Thanks Voodoo: screwdrivers are IN…both plus and minus, vaious sizes…extra parts i can work on…

…’Beer Bottle Opener is a MUST !! Cant agree more dude…its in there…makes me wonder about the pizza cutter 🙂

…Merc-blue: Helping hand is in there dood…Thanks for your input 🙂

…Ph2t: Good call brother ! Bluetac or its Japanese equivalent is heading in too…The ‘Bit Tool’ was something I didnt think of 🙂 Means that each PANICTOOLS set might just come with a freebie body 😉 hmm…have to work on that…

…We are looking at pricing this item between 15-20 USD and making it as VERSATILE as possible…At this stage it will be shipped in a zippable Kevlar-LIKE pencil case configuration BUT twist my arm and it will ship in a hard plastic case 🙂

…PanicToys stickers will be included 🙂

…Keep going people !!! We aint anywhere NEAR the end result just yet…someone go wake up TRASH and MICROAMPS 🙂

micro_Amps
      Participant

Tweezers, for removing stuff that has wrapped itself around the front axels, or for soldering the steering wires.
      :)uA

Super Max Power
      Participant

My fingers are way too big – I need about 1/8 fingers and glue that doesn’t stick to skin.

Seriously – a sharp hobby knife and a very small file help me to squeeze in modifications just right.

Also a small piece of soft foam with a couple of slits cut in it are perfect for storing all the extra BCG motors you end up with.

betty.k
      Participant

definately blu tack, syringes (mini grease gun/ oil can), scalpel or hobby knife, fine point tweezers, mini file, toothbrush for cleaning gears, araldite and mini quick clamp, enamelled copper wire, and an ashtray!:8ball:

Edited by – betty.k on 17 November 2003 17:51:36

micro_Amps
      Participant

Ah yes, the toothbrush. It really helps to give the gears a good scrub now and then.
      Doesnt hae to be a tooth brush, just a small bristle brush.

Perhaps even a tiny dropper of silicon oil, works extremely well on the axels.
      :)uA
      PS. Sorry bithed, you caught me nappin’.

barto_85
      Participant

I think tweezers are definitely necessary, always get hair caught in front and rear axles, and some small screwdrivers. maybe some special putty, a tool to shape the putty, and a knife. Thats all i can think of, I think its probably all been said anyway.

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

I don’t have, but I would love an electric screwdriver bit that can remove/reattach wheel nuts on a mini-z

ph2t
      Participant

Oh and Bithed, please add to the toolkit
      “an extra 8 hours a day for your obsession” addon. I’m sure a lot of us could use that.

:approve:

ph2t.

barto_85
      Participant
      Quote:
      Oh and Bithed, please add to the toolkit
      “an extra 8 hours a day for your obsession” addon. I’m sure a lot of us could use that.

Yeah bithed, I would definitely pay for one of them.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.