paris dakar rally body mod!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

well here she is, my paris dakar rally entrant! i m very happy with this one, i love an off roader.
      i started with one of those white with green and red shen bodies and filled the gaps with scrap bits of plastic and superglue and did a lot of filing and sanding. gave it a coat of white and painted the details. i made the windscreen wipers and snorkel with bits of wire and the exhaust pipe is a bit of wd40 spraycan tubing, with a bit of insulation from a stripped cable slipped over it for a muffler. under that is the switches for the lights. i just used those switches that are on a ic chip and cut them down. the lights are 2 x 3mm white led s for headlights and 4 x lens type surface mount yellow led s.
      the chassis is a precious clone and has a springy swaybar suspension mod, tomy 2.6, and yes, they re lego wheels and tyres!
      in use it s pretty heavy because of the spare wheels and 2 button cells underneath, but the wheels work fine. i just had to shave some rubber off the inside corner of the front tyres so they could move freely at full lock.

rcmodentry.jpg

hope this gives you guys some ideas:8ball:

Edited by – betty.k on 10 December 2003 02:35:23

NSR34
      Participant

that looks sweet man. keep it up. givin me sum ideas 🙂 while we on the subject, does any1 know exactly when rcmod are gonna post their new mods n stuff ? i cant wait for the 4×4 conversion.

brendan
      Participant

looking good betty keep up the good work, for rcmod they said they were gonna be up for the site update and that was spose to be last month.

barto_85
      Participant

that is awesome, love the lego wheels. great job.

DaveF
      Participant

nice work Betty.

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

You get 4 & 1/2 stars for that body. Nice work.

Edited by – HACHI-RYOKU on 10 December 2003 14:57:45

betty.k
      Participant

thankew verry much!:blush::8ball:

betty.k
      Participant

i’ve found a better pic host. not sure how to include pics in a post yet, but till then there’s a link in my signature if ya wanna see my goods!:8ball:

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.