perfection 3.8

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • Author
      shibby07
      Participant

Are the perfection motors fast. I havn’t gotten mine in yet but it looks like they are cheap from the price. It also looks like the motor won’t fit in a BCG.

barto_85
      Participant

I think heaps of people have used these perfection motors so i’m guessing they do fit. I think they are cheaper, probably just because they dont have TOMY written on them. I think they are fast, many people have used them in their cars with several mods etc and they are very quick. Hope that helps.

shibby07
      Participant

ya it helps, damn i should have gotten the 4.2

barto_85
      Participant

why? 3.8 should be heaps. 4.2’s are only new, i dont know anyone who has used them yet.

micro_Amps
      Participant

The Jap Perfection 3.8s kick arse. They are strong and fast, a good all round motor for any bit. They are standard bit size, so they suit all the clones as well.
      I have some 4.2s on the way, let you know what they are like when I get them.
      :)uA

Impreza
      Participant

Are the 3.8’s tight u?? I got one a week or more back and it fits kind of tight.

TallduDe
      Participant

i got 2x 3.8 motors and it fits really snug in the motor bay of a BCG cars.

but thats all good coz the motor doesnt move around at all because of it and it has a very good contact point.

dgs73
      Participant

shibby, will tell you now; yes, quick. But there
      are always quicker motors available/on the way. My suggestion; get one, and wait till quicker ones are available. You wont be disapointed, and once you get used to the speed of that, quicker ones will no doubt be out. Jump in, hang on, and have a ball!! :smiley2:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I am truly surprised at how good these motors are….huge torque and top speed. With a dual cell mod/mosfet mod they literally ROAR when wound out, sounds sorta like a turbo.

perriscope
      Participant

Hey guys,

I just bought a whole heap of 3.8 motors of ebay, I justr received them, got them heaps cheap but now am skeptical if they really are 3.8 motors :O(. They don’t seem any faster than my standard motors I got in my bensu clones :O(

They have a white end cap and a small contact at that same end. I’m a little disapointed, I guess a change in gearing is needed 🙂

perriscope
      Participant

Hey guys,

I just bought a whole heap of 3.8 motors of ebay, I justr received them, got them heaps cheap but now am skeptical if they really are 3.8 motors :O(. They don’t seem any faster than my standard motors I got in my bensu clones :O(

They have a white end cap and a small contact at that same end. I’m a little disapointed, I guess a change in gearing is needed 🙂

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

The perfection 3.8 has a big end cap and is blue.
      What colour is the perfection 4.2??

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

The perfection 3.8 has a big end cap and is blue.
      What colour is the perfection 4.2??

perriscope
      Participant

here is a link to what I bought,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3133397502

Have I been ripped off??

or am I an un educated loser and these are different??? they don’t seem faster??

perriscope
      Participant

here is a link to what I bought,

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3133397502

Have I been ripped off??

or am I an un educated loser and these are different??? they don’t seem faster??

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Hmmm thats strange, it says microsizer 3.8

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Hmmm thats strange, it says microsizer 3.8

perriscope
      Participant

feeewww,

I’m begining to think that i was silly to buy them since it doesn’t exactly say that the motor is a 3.8 perfection or equivent etc, I don’t think I’m silly for expecting them to run at 38,000rpm?? do you??

Anyhows. . If someone can identify that motor in the picture, would be greatly appriecated as that is what I received, white end cap with a small contact, and the side of the motor is the other contact. as per norm.

perriscope
      Participant

feeewww,

I’m begining to think that i was silly to buy them since it doesn’t exactly say that the motor is a 3.8 perfection or equivent etc, I don’t think I’m silly for expecting them to run at 38,000rpm?? do you??

Anyhows. . If someone can identify that motor in the picture, would be greatly appriecated as that is what I received, white end cap with a small contact, and the side of the motor is the other contact. as per norm.

ph2t
      Participant

The only real garuantee of getting a perf 3.8 is to purchase them from toyeast. If they are the same speed as your bensu clones then they are prolly only 2.2 -> 2.8, the four bensu’s I’ve bought had motors in this performance range.

ph2t.

ph2t
      Participant

The only real garuantee of getting a perf 3.8 is to purchase them from toyeast. If they are the same speed as your bensu clones then they are prolly only 2.2 -> 2.8, the four bensu’s I’ve bought had motors in this performance range.

ph2t.

perriscope
      Participant

Hmmmm

I think I have been ripped off!! the add said 3.8 motors so I just assumed they would be 38,000 I want my money back!!

IF something is too good to be true, IT’S BECAUSE IT IS!!! :O(

but den again 2.6 motor sell for $12, i bought a lot of 20 for $3.50 each, money saved and I suppose I now got some motors to experiment life cycle vs voltage hee hee!!

hmm now I’m extra keen to start two projects, a decent charger and uA’s micro dyno!! would be very kewl

micro_Amps
      Participant

Perri, I have some of those 3.8s with the white end cap and the tiny contact (yes from ebay). I’ll test them up against the jap perf 3.8 and a few others and I’ll post the results here. Check in a day or so.

perriscope
      Participant

sweet dude so they are 3.8’s after all!!

I think they lack guts, i.e torque!! as a have a small pool table they seem to attempt to get to high speed but never make it as i need to turn and they dont keep up to speed on a turn maybe running one in your FET modified cars would be the go 🙂

micro_Amps
      Participant

Perri I tested a couple of these motors up against a couple of the JP 3.8s on the speed checker.
      The white ones keep up with the JP 3.8s so they ARE 3.8s, but they do lack a little torque when on the ground, in a standard car that is.
      They scream in a fet modded car, actually ran a bit better than the JP3.8s, but I think my JPs may be a little tired because I give em hell.
      Tested 4 of each…..
      Single cell standard car
      White 3.8 and JP 3.8 both around 7.0 to 7.4 km/h
      Single cell fet car.
      White 3.8s 8.0 to 8.5 km/h, JP3.8s 7.8 to 8.2km/h
      The JP motors have been bullet proof for me in the past tho. I doubt these cheaper white 3.8s will take the punishment I gave the JPs, but time will tell.
      Hope this helps.

perriscope
      Participant

Hey Micro,

Top notch work there!!

I may just have to send you a car for a FET mod but not just yet though, got other mods I would like to pursue first hee hee.

barto_85
      Participant

Dodo, dodo, internet that flies! sorry, just saw in your signature micro amps, are you with dodo? they’re only new right? how is it, is it good?

micro_Amps
      Participant

No probs perri, keep in touch.

Barto, dodo craps all over my previous 56k isp. Very happy.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

So ts okay then?? I thought at the price advertised it was a bit iffy…

micro_Amps
      Participant

Yeh, no drama Jamie. Always quick (for a 56 anyway) and they have just dropped timeout limits so you can stay onn forever. Max cost permonth goes up to about $23, but that is equivalent to unlimited time and downloads, so its not too bad. 10M of webspace thrown in as well.

shibby07
      Participant

yall i just got back from Florida today and my BCG was in. These 3.8 scream. It is like a dual cell. I imagine the 4.2 is awesome but you would barely be able to control it. The 3.8 does lack alot of torque but thats why i got the gear set along with it. Well its kinda gettin late in Texas so see ya.

ph2t
      Participant

That’s why you need to get Micro to do ya a FET mod.:smiley2:

shibby07
      Participant

Dude i just got it. Maybe when i get tired of this one and get another one but so far this is cool.

ph2t
      Participant

coolies:)

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.