Perfection headlights…

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Perfection Super White lights – how do they turn on and off? Do they turn on only when the car is moving? Are they any good?

Participant

They have a seperate battery. So you have to turn them on and off manually. I have ordered a set and am waiting for them to show up at the moment. I thought there might be a way to run them off the BCG battery but I have heard that they get brighter and duller as you speed up and slow down – anyone?

Participant

…SMP; I am running a similar thread in the Mini Z discussion section…

http://www.ausmicro.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1432&FORUM_ID=12&CAT_ID=4&Topic_Title=Mini+Z+Lights&Forum_Title=MiniZ+%26+Palm+Runner+%2D+Discussion

…It is SIMILAR and a little-winded :blush: but you might find something in there…Jamie seems to be resident lighting expert 🙂

Participant

That sounds like a pain (switching them on/off manually). Where does the switch go?

Participant

You place the switch under the shell just like the battery and the lights. If you work with the placing of the switch a little you can make it stick out the antenna hole of the rear window, then you don?t have to remove the shell just to switch on/off the lights.

/Trackmaster

Participant

Have a look at the third picture under the main one. You can set the lights up like that. The switch in the example is near where the antenna comes out.

http://www.toyeast.com/proddetail2.asp?pdtid=APER007#

Participant

OK that seems cool. Thanks everyone for the info 🙂

Participant

Does anyone know about the LXX “New Beetle Light Up” at ToyEast?
      It has lights, and says “light up when running”…

Anyone know if this is actually true?

New Beetle Light Up at Toy East

Participant

Yeah, it probably does. The Minis that they sell are the same and they light up when they run.
      So I would expect that to be correct.
      :)uA

Participant

Yes it’s true from what I’ve been told. Dude if you can get some surface mount lights get them. They sh1t all over the 3mm and 5mm LED varieties….

ph2t.

Participant

I’ll try a Beetle then – hopefully I can put another body on it easily.
      I can’t be stuffed trying to sort out custom lights. Plus I’m too dumb to wire them up anyway 😀

Participant

The wires on the perfection lights seem to be a little too short to me. Perhapr they’re the perfect length and thus leave little room for getting them in the car any way other than perfectly. I’ll be pulling mine apart and replacing the wire with some a little longer so I can get the damn things in and out.

Participant

I just got a light up beetle from toy east, it has head lights only which are attached to the front of the chassis. They run off the cars battery and only come on when the cars is moving. I also bought a perfection headlight set with the switch and if you ask me I think the light up beetle is the better option.

Participant

Maybe you could find a way to wire up the light set to run off the battery like in the beetle?

Then you could let everybody know and we will all love you for it 😀

Participant

I got a Light Up Beetle. There’s not a heap of room to fit other bodies on cause the lights are pretty wide. But for the $ they’re good value. Pity about the revolting white controller :dead:

Participant
      Quote:
      I got a Light Up Beetle. There’s not a heap of room to fit other bodies on cause the lights are pretty wide. But for the $ they’re good value. Pity about the revolting white controller :dead:

I like the controller.:p

I tried one of them Beetles, they’re pretty cool. I should get one.

The LEDs are tiny surface mount ones on a PCB glued into place. The PCB is in the way, but I’m thinking it could be trimmed back a bit for other bodies. Just be careful not to cut through the copper tracings.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.