ph2t about your motor mount

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Izord
      Participant

Hi Ph2t,

Can you check my Whoa Nelly Thread?

I want to get a motor mount like you have. Didn t have luck when I ordered it before, didn t fit.

Do you know the part number? Thanks man.

Izord.

peteWah
      Participant

Its atomic dude MM:smiley2:

peteWah
      Participant

BUT,
      I guess you knew that Izord:smiley2:

ph2t
      Participant

hey Izlord, here’s the atomic mounts.

You can get two versions now. There is the standard one, for MM shells.

ATOMIC (#AR53R) Motor Mount (RD) For Kyosho Mini-Z MM
      http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_474_476&products_id=12391

And there is the new 94mm long version of the same tyupe of mount. This one allows you to use the RM shells which before needed some hacking of the wheel well to fit onto a mm chassis.

ATOMIC (#AR60R) Alu. Motor Mount For 94mm Wheelbase (RD)

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_474_476&products_id=12391

See here for more info regarding the 94mm version and the different parts needed if you end up going with an atomic dampening system.

http://www.egrracing.com/mart/product_info.php?cPath=21_74_58&products_id=455

Note, there are available in three different colours, red, blue and silver.

cheers,

ph2t.

Izord
      Participant

Thanks ph2t and Pete. I do have the Atomic MM motor mount. Problem was I had the wrong ball-diff. Now I have the right parts, but I still can’t see how to mount it. I looked at the Atomic site pictures. Can you point me to some instructions?

I see the Atomic motor can has two holes on the end where the shaft comes out of, I can see how to put two screws in there to hold the can to the mount, but is it held in any other way? The Atomic motor mount came with lots of little screws, where do they go?

Thanks for looking at these stupid questions.

I raced my friend at work, Phil, the guy with the X-mod. He is able to hook up a lot better since he has all wheel drive. I have to be very careful not to give too much power and have the back end of the car spin around to where the front should be.

His turning radius is shitty because it’s an X-mod, but he is still able to put the power to the ground better. Any tips for me on beating him?

Thanks, Izord.

betty.k
      Participant
      Quote:
      Any tips for me on beating him?

yeah, stay out of his way!

xmods xmods uber alles!:evil::8ball:

Izord
      Participant

I figured out the motor mount!

Now just working on handling.

Izord.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.