kevsta
      Participant

7/7 all done.

betty.k
      Participant

cool! that oughta keep bithead happy!:8ball:

ph2t
      Participant

cool track fellas, how long does it take to setup?

dgs73
      Participant

betty; I dont think I was going to get away with making a track and leaving Bithed off it, advertising wise… ph2t: at this rate, bout 10 – 15 mins (with two people.) Given that it’s 16 x 36 foot, that aint bad. Kev; cheers mate. They look sweet…:smiley2::approve::smiley16:

dgs73
      Participant

And after going through them all agian I noticed i’d managed to avoid the other side of the camera lens again… yay:p

ph2t
      Participant

sounds good mate….

Roe
      Participant

Only had a chance to get 1 photo before i spent the rest of the arvo fixing my car 🙁

dgs73
      Participant

mate we’ve got too much s**t between us all… but it looks cool… that’d be my legs in the centre background then…

TallduDe
      Participant

so u didnt avoid the camera competly then dude :p

man today my legs dont hurt, i think ill bringdat table wid me all the time.

anyway if i havent said it b4 like a million times, a huge thanks goes to dave and the boyz for actually getting a track set up! well done guys.

now i have to tune my car so it doesnt spin to the left!!! and when i master dat watch out track times!

dgs73
      Participant

I was actually wrong, that’s not me behind, im on the front left of the table, fixing Roe’s car… could tell it was me by the ring on my finger…
      that table of yours was a great idea, makes for some interesting photos too… so many Z’s!!!!:approve:

kevsta
      Participant

Very nice track DGS and well thought out too… I really enjoyed racing on the track.

I have some foam padding about 3 inches wide that goes for something like 20 metres or so sitting in my garage. If you can some how wrap it around the pvc pipe with either adhesive velcro or elastic bands or plastic cable ties it can absorb some of the impacts.

Let me know if you’ve already got something in the pipeline, if not I’ll bring it with me next time.

🙂

dgs73
      Participant

that’s a good idea… plus it’d slow down those curb crawling L platers!!! 👿

peteWah
      Participant

YES WELL Hmmmmm
      Yesterday was fun and it was great to see such a turn out (total of 9 people ,multiple cars for some owners)
      However, I was siting down most of the day fixing my stuff :sad:…
      Servo gears from last week were fixed & I was putting the servo box back and had the car all back together and then it was the pain staking task of finding a frequency that nobody was using :evil::evil::evil: put batts in and noticed no steering again but throttle was there :evil:…
      I stupidly snapt the black wire of the steering fet which is
      know fixed (Had to solder it again Roe thanks for trying)
      I dont want to do that again, I was to shakey to solder, So my dad did it… Thanks Dad…:p

Roe; FYI Those rainbow wires that are joined to nelly are the ones that go to the point where the original fets use to be on the pcb itself, The wire i snapt was from the steering fet, Now you know :smiley2:…
      I just thought i would let you know since you are geting 5 of them (nelly’s that is) and i woudn’t want you to get it wrong:smiley2:
      Have another good look at the pdf docco that Ph2t has made mate.:smiley2:

But anyways Guys it was a mad day to be had by all, For some madder than others, Wah
      :smiley2::D:p:approve::angry::evil::dead::8ball::question:

Geo-Z
      Participant

OMG! That is one PHAT ROXORS track!!!!!:shock:

dgs i gotta hand it to ya mate, it is neat as meat. I’ve been busy the past few weeks (doh, the only time i could’ve come was that time i came too late), as I’ve been antsy to give talldude his diff and iwavers back. Sorry talldude! I”ll be there next month, as this weekend there’s Animania (anime/japanese pop culture exhibit) in town hall. I’ll be taking photos of all the overweight, middle-aged men dressed as Sailor Moon. To the internet! Bwahahah.

icebreaka
      Participant

damn i can’t wait to join the clan..! But it already looks like you’ve got a huge number of people and only 12 frequencies to share between.. Will i be able to make it b4 someone else takes me place? hehehe blackeye:

btw.. That is A Killer track! .. what degree tires do you guys use for that surface?

peteWah
      Participant

12 frequency’s and all the splits so your ok there…:smiley2:

mocky
      Participant

mmmmm i’m gonna be down next week for some fun fun fun. that means we got 10+ ppl racing. i’ll b down dere next week for sure.

peteWah
      Participant

I guess i should say we have a number of splits, not me pesonally and not all 12 frequencys

Its Mayhem Mayhem Mayhem ! ! !

Get ready for Fun Fun Fun ! ! !

betty.k
      Participant

awright! looks like i made a showing too!:8ball:

Jay-Z
      Participant

track was cool, i like kevsta`s thoughts on foam padding too, we were getting up some fair speeds chasing each other and on occasion braking too late (or not at all, lol) good job dgs:smiley16:

ph2t
      Participant

you sydney bastards have come a long way…:approve:

excellent stuff! all of it!

ph2t.

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      I guess i should say we have a number of splits, not me pesonally and not all 12 frequencys

Its Mayhem Mayhem Mayhem ! ! !

Get ready for Fun Fun Fun ! ! !

do we need that many mayhems? We do? Ok… wait, where are you throwing me?? *thud* lol
      we do however have enough to run 10 Zs at once… this I personally would like to see…

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      mmmmm i’m gonna be down next week for some fun fun fun. that means we got 10+ ppl racing. i’ll b down dere next week for sure.

really need that split frequency back of mine dude… 27.340mhz.. cheers mate. See you on Sunday

icebreaka
      Participant

hey dgs,

how much you get your 90 degree joins?

They sure are pricey! blackeye:

dgs73
      Participant

mate, $1.50 each. The pricyiest parts were the T-joints… $6.50 each…:shock: more than 15 4 lengths of 25mm pvc pipe… All up it only cost me $140 so i’m happy:D

Edited by – dgs73 on 19 October 2004 08:28:29

icebreaka
      Participant

hmm thos 90 degree’s are cheap! cheapest i can get is $2.45 blackeye: .. got 10 4m lengths 25mm for $30 tho :smiley16:

icebreaka
      Participant

i’ve resorted to ATTEMPTING to make my own 90 degree joins..

z-beam
      Participant

very nice dgs! that is some serious cleverness! may i suggest some rounded foam inserts for the 90 degree corners…

kevsta
      Participant

Icebreaka,

For some cheap 90 degree turns, how about buying some clear hosing from your hardware store and cutting them to size and attaching to the end of your pipes that way you could get any degree turns.

😀

icebreaka
      Participant

are you supposed to rely on the weight of the pipe to keep the angle in place or something?

icebreaka
      Participant

and also.. who does the mathematics to make sure its 4 feet wide all around? :clown:

dgs73
      Participant

I did all the maths mate… just draw it up on grid-paper first, then give it a scale. Piece of p**s… very easy too. As for keeping it all together, the weight of the thing does most (but not all!) of that job, and all the parts slot together. Going to figure out a “quick release” system for the joints, as sometimes they come apart from a nasty shunt. Something that’ll keep em together till I want it to come undone, know what I mean? The only points that move more than I like is the five straight pieces that divide the lanes… they move too easy, and fixing them down is proving to be my only major hassle:angry:

icebreaka
      Participant

ahh i see.. i’ll go get grid paper to work out my track designs..

why did you make your’s four feet wide? couldn’t you deal with it in meters 😛 i think i’ll make my pipe lengths 2m and 1m long to make a 1m wide track… so i guess linking my pipes to yours wouldn’t be an easy option 👿 .. dealing in feet is just not my thing 👿 hehehe..

anyone have an idea on where to get short really short pile carpet in sydney? blackeye:

Edited by – icebreaka on 20 October 2004 06:09:57

dgs73
      Participant

mate I work in millimetres here at work, so its as easy as 1000mm or 300mm. Being i’m in my 30s, is it so odd that I still go in feet? Either way, this’ll be easier to understand; 1.2 metre wide lanes. I was thinking like you are, ie. having 2 metre straight pieces, but you gotta have a heap of room to store, and it needs to be easily moved to wherever you race. If driving you could have issues transporting 2m legths unless you have access to a ute or something. And feet are easy to work out; 1 metre = 3.3 foot (approx., those of you who must be picky…)
      I gave up on carpet in the end, due to the massive cost involved. Plus with the size of the track I had in mind… let’s just say it would’ve been as cheap to import an RCP track system. Hense all the pvc pipe. There are places that sell second hand carpet by the linear metre (1m x width of the roll), will get back to you with a couple of names if you like. But it’ll still cost a bit…
      And how long you got till your HSC is done? We got a spot on the grid with your name on it, dood…:D:approve:

Edited by – dgs73 on 20 October 2004 06:21:19

icebreaka
      Participant

hehe.. that 2m transport issue sure is something i never thought of LoL.. it’d b easy if i took the tarago out to meadowbank cept its such a pain to drive lols..
      about carpet, its just another way to make my home track better.. i’ve gone from tiles, to eva foam .. eva foam sucks as the the size of each piece is about 1.5 meters by 2 metres, and you gota tape it to the ground all around.. it takes about 1 hour to set up LOL .. and by the time im racing with my friend, we’re exhausted and get bored in 20 minutes.. lol obviously not worth the time.. getting pvc pipes was my next step in a good indoor track, cept the joins are way out of my budget .. lols so im sutck with pipes and no joins.. If you can get those carpet places i’d be interested, but only if they have carpet thats suitable surface for mini-z’s.. kinda hard to find..

My LAST option hehe yes last is to go out to meadowbank, lols.. 45 minutes away! and $10 poorer from fuel! blackeye:
      last exam on wednesday nov 3.. and if i’m allowed, i’ll b at meadowbank with my friend on that sunday hehe!..

So you guys better be ready to be beaten with my 15 km/hr stock Z!

z-beam
      Participant

quick release idea: fit the pipe into the joins and drill a hole straight through both, then use roughly the same width (as the hole) wire or dowl rod to secure in place. wire might be better because you could bend one end into an “l” shape for easier removal…

dgs73
      Participant

Z-beam; you’re a good mind reader. That’s what I was thinking… icebreaka; me’n TD have stock MR-02 s as well, we could still have an 02 race (our cars do have diffs and bearings though…:smiley2:)

icebreaka
      Participant

hmm damn.. should diff come b4 roll shock.. because i ordered a roll shock but still got the stock diff.. blackeye:

dgs73
      Participant

um, in a word, yes. I did the bearings, then diff, then went with the other crap. Did not bother with the roll shock however. Looks like your $354 aud might be going up again…:p

icebreaka
      Participant

heheh.. i’ll just wait till i get out to meadowbank b4 i buy any more parts.. the Z seems to handle fine without a ball diff.. Will that change once i put an xspeed in?

dgs73
      Participant

ball diff gives you smoother movement and the ability to adjust tension on the diff plates (to a degree) to give a little more/less traction. The stock diff does seem to pick up crap over time which in turn wears the inside of it.

z-beam
      Participant

ball differentials work way better, the plastic ones wear out on you at the worst times…

without the new diff the x-speed will speed up the plastic differentials demise.:smiley2:

Roe
      Participant
      Quote:
      Roe; FYI Those rainbow wires that are joined to nelly are the ones that go to the point where the original fets use to be on the pcb itself, The wire i snapt was from the steering fet, Now you know …
      I just thought i would let you know since you are geting 5 of them (nelly’s that is) and i woudn’t want you to get it wrong
      Have another good look at the pdf docco that Ph2t has made mate.

Nah im not gonna attempt to solder the nelly’s. The dude who fixes the IC on the cameras at works gonna do them for me (at a small cost) Thank god we didn’t f@#k ur car in the failed attempt.

Quote:

Don’t worry mocky, I’ve got a track too. The pipes thininer & a touch smaller than daves, but if there’s gonna be that many ppl. i think we’ll need it!! btw the details for my track can be found here: http://www.xmodsrc.com/tracks/track_03.pdf

Did someone mention something about track side girls……..

😀

Edited by – Roe on 21 October 2004 12:09:50

dgs73
      Participant

yo, Roe! What do ya know? We gotta hook our two together mate, really get a technical setup going! Mock; 27.340 lol:smiley2:

mini-g
      Participant

hey dave…sounds like sunday went off…

good to see. hope to have the ball diff and rear shock for next time…then with foamies watch out….

big dave

mini-g
      Participant

oh hope i didnt give you bronchitis:D

mocky
      Participant

dgs u sure love that frequency dont ya. no worries i’ll be dere or my name aint mocky,(it isnt but u get the drift)
      and roe check ur pm inbox.

Edited by – mocky on 21 October 2004 18:37:36

Roe
      Participant

Yo! got it mocky…right bac @ ya….

Yeah soulds like it could be a goa dave!…*mmmmm thoughts of a dual level mini z track come to mind…..*

Welcome mini-g to Ausmicro. I heard i missed u on the saturday b4…..Might get u this sunday 😀

Edited by – Roe on 21 October 2004 19:56:03

icebreaka
      Participant

here’s my indoor @ home track until i get the chance to visit the meadowbank crew 😀

pvctrack.jpg

Pipes $30 for 10 4m lengths
      Straight joins $8.10 for eight
      T-join $7.70 for one 😀
      90 Bends: Homemade :smiley2:

dgs73
      Participant

Icebreaka; good job… nice size for indoors too. Do your parents have a spit about you moving the furniture?:smiley2: But seriously, where did you get those round bits on the ends? (the white things, one near the car.)
      Roe; that’s what i’m thinking of at the mo, but it’s a minor logistical nightmare. As soon as I find practical way to fabricate it, it’ll be done.
      Mocky; sorry to give you so much stick about it, mate. Just thought i’d give the occasional reminder…:D
      Mini-g; hey hey big Dave!! Long time no hear!! See you this weekend…
      Weather; if it’s going to be raining this weekend then i’m heading to the Jasco underground carpark in Meadowbank (with a broom…), will let those of you know where if it needs to happen…

icebreaka
      Participant

The white bits at the end are just some half cone shaped styrofoam pieces from the recycled junk store at St Marys .. You get a plastic bag and fill it up with as much junk as you can for $4.50 😀

Let me know if you want the address.. 😀

Edited by – icebreaka on 22 October 2004 12:20:36

dgs73
      Participant

yes please… though if it’s similar to Forex (anyone else here in the signage industry? If not, it’s a really light, compressed and tough foam-like product…) I might just use some of that. Actually, I will. Might tack on another sheet to the order… and I could make the curved inserts Z-beam mentions out of the same stuff. Thanks guys!! Icebreaka; another important thing to remember; the layouts on grid paper look sweet, but when you lay it all together the size is abit out. This is due to the T and L joints size. You kept your shorter offcuts, did’nt you?:smiley2: If not you may well want to kick yourself…

Edited by – dgs73 on 22 October 2004 12:30:59

Edited by – dgs73 on 22 October 2004 12:47:08

icebreaka
      Participant

Hehe yeh i kept my shorter offcuts… I’ll get address later just in case you still want it..

Anyways, got my parts from Rcmart.. Alloy wheels, and turns out they got a bit of offset, whereas my stock ones don’t.. connected em up, n fortunately it doesnt rub against the body.. but the front wheels are further from the chassis than the rear ones.. MY question is, will this cause any handling issues.. and is this grounds for any complaints? :clown: hehe.. They look nice tho 😀

link:
      http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_69_153&products_id=1788

Edited by – icebreaka on 22 October 2004 12:41:31

dgs73
      Participant

may have to break out a Dremel, dood… depending on how much movement you have… should’nt effect handling to much, but it’s possible… was curious if you kept the pvc offcuts for yourself too, you’ll see what I mean when you do come down to race on the day…

icebreaka
      Participant

lol i dont have a dremel.. can’t find enough uses for it to wanna buy one.. I’ll jus see how it goes..

Race day is comin close for me.. only 3 weekends to go then im there! hehe

peteWah
      Participant

How about i pay you for the MRO1 and take it of your hands when you come down to Meadowbank, Just a thought Icebreaka.
      Let me know if that is cool for you…

icebreaka
      Participant

LoL i was thinking the exact same thing.. i posted the idea in the other thread hehehe..

betty.k
      Participant
      Quote:
      lol i dont have a dremel.. can’t find enough uses for it to wanna buy one..

i think once you get one you’ll find plenty of excuses to use it!:D:8ball:

icebreaka
      Participant

lol but $200!!!

Would the black and decker one for $100 or so measure up???

Roe
      Participant

go to the local hardware, they have plently of rip-offs (albeit not as good) that use the same parts as the dremel. I bought a Rhino about a year ago for about $60. Had a 40 peice kit with it too 😀

Hey Dave (do’h there’s 2 now in sidne, dgs) how was the underground car park? wats the surface/lighting like?

dgs73
      Participant

genuine Dremels are about $120 (got ours for $99), just make sure you get the one with the mains cord, not the underpowered battery driven one.
      Roe; raced at my place. Had to be seen to be believed:smiley2::D:approve:

mini-g
      Participant

man yesterday was fun…

going out today to see if i can find a tomy char-g

the $10 job is still working good. every one at work that seen it today wants one!!!

Dave

kevsta
      Participant

Icebreaka, I’ve got one of those rotary tools – it only cost me $25. The 105 piece parts set cost me $19.95. It’s no where near as good as the original dremel, but for cutting, grinding, drilling, sanding, buffing – it does the job.

🙂

icebreaka
      Participant

What are some of the mini-z
      or char-g jobs that you need a dremel for?

Jay-Z
      Participant

..re-shaping wheel arches, dry racing bearings, pollishing king pins and cutting your car in half when it`s giving you the sh##ts!!

dgs73
      Participant

you gave me an idea Jay-Z…:D:smiley2:

TallduDe
      Participant

u gonna try a mini z magic trick dave? chopping up z’s aint cool, funny but aint cool

icebreaka
      Participant

well i went out and got a Ryobi 216 piece rotary tool set.. 😀 hehe $88 .. How the heck do you use all the pieces?? blackeye:

chopped up Z here i come 😀

Roe
      Participant
      Quote:
      well i went out and got a Ryobi 216 piece rotary tool set.. 😀 hehe $88 .. How the heck do you use all the pieces??

chopped up Z here i come 😀

nice 1. that’s a great price. try not to put to much force ont the bits or belive me, you’ll use all those pieces quick smart….:)

Roe
      Participant

hey dave, which room did you set ur track up in? And wat sort of layout was it? can’t wait to see…:)

dgs73
      Participant

mate it was the Bit track without any edging in… dougnuts anyone?? lol lots of fun with three Z’s, must say…:D

Roe
      Participant

I don’t think i’ve seen it, soundz great tho….will have a go next time i come over!! 🙂

dgs73
      Participant

place on the grid ready for ya mate…:smiley2::approve:

MiniKing
      Participant

Next time it rains i thinks we have to set up the Z track in my garage at home its more than big enough and ill even set up a bench to stand on so you get a good overview of the track…..mmmm full size indoor track wat do you reckon guys…..?????the surface is perfect and the Zs will drift through the course wat do you reckon Roe bring the track around and well try it out dude…….:D:D

MiniKing
      Participant

Hey Roe want to do a Bunnings run tonite…???? im itching for a race dude….:D:D I want to finish running in my buggy man..:evil:

mini-g
      Participant

almost sunday( well it is getting closer) hope we get some sunshine…

MiniKing
      Participant

yeah we should get some sunshine……if not we might have to have the racing in my garage…:D im goin down to hobby co to look at there 1/10 electric cars…..ive been looking on the net and they have quite a few cheap but good one me and roe are starting drifting now hes ones already set up with PVC tres i want to get mine set up by sunday so we can have some team drift…….we could have a full blown D1 style comp hapening…..mmmmmmmmm sounds good..

dgs73
      Participant
      Quote:
      almost sunday( well it is getting closer) hope we get some sunshine…

we’ll have to have a few s/s races at my place if the weather gets nasty… I am hanging for some track action though… been almost a fortnight now!!!:p:smiley2:

Edited by – dgs73 on 29 October 2004 12:35:27

Roe
      Participant

….im in for sure dave, those little f*&kers fly!!….:)

dgs73
      Participant

mate heaps better at hame on a smooth track… got the other one going now too! Should get them going in tandem…:p

MiniKing
      Participant

Yeah ill be in on the S/S race for sure….:D:D:D

dgs73
      Participant

only thing is the s/s races are in Ryde… :blush::p

MiniKing
      Participant

Oh well looks like ill have to get Roe to setup his track at my place then…..:smiley2::D

dgs73
      Participant

oh, cool… an East v. West s/s race later then…

icebreaka
      Participant

lol is 40mhz already taken? blackeye:

dgs73
      Participant

bugger… yeah, that’d be mine then… they dont comre out in 6 freq.s till Christmas

TallduDe
      Participant

i wonder if the monster version will come out??

those superslicks were going well on the z track btw lol

i was surprised how fast they really are 14k’s on the speed checker aint slow but could be faster 👿

dgs73
      Participant

the monster will come out with the series 2… just a question of when

kevsta
      Participant
      Quote:
      the monster will come out with the series 2… just a question of when

I’ll have a Monster truck please.

dgs73
      Participant

you get the blue, i’ll have the black eh? lol Nah, i’ll let you know when they appear…:smiley2:

MiniKing
      Participant

Im not goin to bother with my super slick until the new ones come with more frequencies….me and roe were racing last nite and its good but i mean you cant have a real race with a few cars seeing as there are only two frequencies….:D:evil:

mini-g
      Participant
      Quote:
      i wonder if the monster version will come out??

those superslicks were going well on the z track btw lol

i was surprised how fast they really are 14k’s on the speed checker aint slow but could be faster 👿

and will be when the purple and or blue motors come out…maybe too fast. for there size that is…:smiley16:

MiniKing
      Participant

Yeah thats true Big Dave even with the red motor in these f**kers are quick for the scale that they are……im just waiting for the series two s/s to come out…….

Roe
      Participant

….mmmmm 2F2F 1’s for me please….:D

TallduDe
      Participant

some of the bodies look fugly on the website or maybe its just me?

the caddie trucks looks good wouldnt mind racing one of those 👿

mini-g
      Participant

yeah TD…some of the bodies just look wrong…

especialy the vipers… the rest seem pk. didnt think the mini would look good but is great on the car.

Dave

dgs73
      Participant

that Mitsubishi Spyder could’ve been better too… opens the door for body mods though, eh?:smiley2::D

Viewing 104 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.