Pinions and spurs

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Renton
      Participant

what do you all like to run, plastic or metal gears? or a combination of both?

Has anyone really tinkered around with different combos? ie delrin to metal, metal to delrin etc?

while im at it, is anyone running a MA010 with the extension kit with SAS at the back? is it noticeably better? im looking to upgrade a few more bits before heading over to the digital revolution.

My batteries are currently on charge. My girl re-arranged the lounge room and it needs to be raced into the ground.

betty.k
      Participant

pinions tend to wear faster so i recommend metal pinions on plastic/delrin spurs. the only drawback is that combo is noisier. :8ball:

Dangerous Dave
      Participant

placcy spurs

metal pinion (9t I think), mainly because it has a set screw to hold it to the shaft. Have spun a few all plastic pinions..

ken_wyleung
      Participant

Pinions in metal
      spurs in plastic
      for AWD pinions gear in metal can be work as motor heat sink and it can lock hard too.
      Spurs gear can be upto you, but I will said plastic is better, it will less noice and long lasting too.

Renton
      Participant

Im currently running metal on metal. only real plastic amongst my drive train / gearing is my differential gearing

seems to be working alright. Im not running a ridiculous amount of power through it. Just the current speedy motor with a spider turbo.

looking to do some tinkering around with a different set up in the next couple of weeks. I am currently running 90mm but want to go to 98mm. Have had everything as low as possible to keep center of gravity. It looks great being so small but I have found this length to be rather crap now im packing a little more power.

jimmy
      Participant

heres some good info (bottom of page)
      http://home.att.net/~benmlee/drivetrain.htm

jimmy
      Participant

i use delrin pinions and nylon spurs

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.