Plasma Dash Motor

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hey, im going to be buying a turbo from whoah nelly, and i want a plasma dash motor. ph2t told me thru email that i needed:

Plasma Dash Motor
      http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=421_293_190&products_id=1216

Atomic BB Can
      ?????????????

He said i could find bouth at rcmart, but i could only find the one, so can someone link me to the Atomic BB can. Thanks

-M2F

dgs73
      Participant

or you could just add bearings and neo brushes to the existing P.D. can (that one is up to you)

bithed
      Participant

how much is the atomic bb can anyway?

betty.k
      Participant

here’s the atomic can, usd$13.90 (was $15.50 a month ago)
      atomic_ar17.jpg

http://www.rcmart.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=144_21_80&products_id=8017

i tried this motor combo out but never liked it, nothing can tear me away from pn racing motors:smiley2::8ball:

bithed
      Participant

…ok so its a plasma clone with holes in it…betty can you tell me basically why you prefer PN? why dont you like the Atomic? Call it market reseach 😉

betty.k
      Participant

i’m using a s03 motor, 37 turn, bb can, neo mags. i don’t like to compromise torque for top speed and this motor has plenty of pickup all through the rpm band. it laughs in the face of larger “torque robbing” pinions!
      the “platomic” motor i had just never ran smooth. there was no binding, the arm wasn’t jammed in and the brushes were broken in properly. it had (by my standards) very little torque and was generally a disappointment.:8ball:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

BB’s can be fitted to plasma dash’s, but it’s tricky and theres lots of little tricks you need to get it right.

The plasma dash with neos and BB’s was a favourite of mine, massive torque on 6 cells even with huge pinions! (13t)

One more thing, dave, what are “neo brushes?” :smiley2:

dgs73
      Participant

James; done be pedantic. You know i meant neo magnets… :smiley2:

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.