Plasma motors

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Tim
      Participant

Well i used to the a Tamiya mini 4wd fans so i got heaps of mini 4wd parts and i have the top of the range Plama motor but does anyone know is there any negative effect on a mini z if i put it on? i heard that u need a turbo to run it and i got a turbo because i modified my car in Hong Kong 🙂 heaps of parts and i got a turbo but i don;t know if it is right to run it. My car runs bout 35km+ with a standard motor wondering if i can put a plasma to make it faster??

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

TRUST ME A MINI Z DOES NOT DO 35KM/H ON A STANDARD MOTOR, try 15-18 km/h mate!!

I use tamiya plasma dash motors, with a 6×2 FET stack (internal Turbo) and 5 cells. It has extreme power and high top speed, my car hits 58km/h easy now!!

As for ur turbo, it might not handle the plasma dash, as a turbo is only equivalent to a 3×2 FET stack.

Goto The topic called ‘Mini Z Dash Motors’, that will have all the info you need.

Tim
      Participant

hey i got a twin turbo soldered onto my motor but i don’t know would it work or not by the way wat does it mean by 6×2 FET stack? and do u need an extra cell to run the car?

Tim
      Participant

btw jamie
      i hav GPM V2 Turbo wonder if it can work with the plasma dash

i got several photos of my car look at my gallery

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I have no idea if the V2 turbo will handle a plasma dash and 5 cells. Try?? Film it, altleast if it blows up i’ll have some entertainment.

VR-4
      Participant

yeah v2 can handle plasma but only 4 cells that morot is well really fast and no real need for a 5th cell and it sucks alot of juice from the batt.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I run mine on 5 cells with a hard wired pack and a 6×2 stack of fets, gonna chuck in some neodymium magnets and upgrade the FETS in her. She flies now, just wait till i have the Magnets!!

SurfmyStrat
      Participant

That sounds pimp, i always wanted a miniz, might get one, one of these days 😀

VR-4
      Participant

the magnets slow your car a little but ad alot more power

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Um….huh???? Slow your car???? Can i gear it up and get more speed?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

And will my motor cook?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.