PN Anima bearing issue

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      klims
      Participant

Hey guys. took my mr02 down to the Templestowe track the other day and this is what happened.

[ATTACH]350[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]351[/ATTACH]

i noticed it was happening a little over time but it was never really bad enough for me to care.

what can i do to prevent it from happening on my new Anima(in the mail!)??

betty.k
      Participant

never seen that happen before so it could be a once off occurence.

when you press the bearing back in warm up the can first with a lighter, should make it easier to press the bearing back and when it cools it will grip it better (hopefully) :8ball:

peteWah
      Participant

dido that betty.

My Anima goes hard all day long and i have never had a problem with it…
      in saying that it will probally die next week now…!

Do you give the car time to cool down after a big run is the question.

klims
      Participant

yeah always. but it did happen while i was running a LiPo setup. when i picked it up the motor was hot but no hotter than its been on NimH

ph2t
      Participant

wow, that’s a bit freaky. never happened to me, I think, lol…..

take the chance to clean both bearings well. soak in turps for a good 24 hours, dry then lube with some nice bearing oil, like trinity oil, ’tis good….

Keymaster

Whoa, that’s an odd one! If you can’t get it to fit back together I’ll get a new BB can your way.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

klims
      Participant

thanks for the offer mate. i have already squeezed it back it, before the lighter trick was mentioned, and added a dab of super glue to the outside of the bearing being ever so careful that non gets in to the important bits. seems to be ok now. i guess the real test will come when i give it another thrashing and the superglue melts lol.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.