PN Racing Anima motor

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

I gots one!

Very nice! First thing I noticed was how quiet this motor is. I m just used to the “plane on the runway” sound of the plasmatomic, lol…

Also, this motor has a very smooth acceleration, great for smaller track, aka my driveway.

I will be testing this motor against my plasmatomic (neo) and my S03 soon and I ll let you knwo how it goes.

Bottom line so far is that, if you want a fast, efficient motor, get this baby.

I ve got a new charger that also doesn motor breaking in. During the motor break in for 10 minutes. At 2.4v the Anima had settled into 0.83A drain. For the same time (10minutes) with a plasmatomic break in it was around the 1.43A. So you can see that the Anima doesn t suck the juice like the plasmatomic.

more to come,

cheers,

ph2t.

Participant

Good to hear a review of this motor finally, Thanks:smiley2:

Participant

this anima motor is the one that can work with stock z s right?

can you compare it with a stock kyosho x-speed if you or betty have one ph2t?

im interested in hearing about it as the spaces i run my z’s are all pretty tight and i find my kyosho x-speed to be the best motor ive ever had in terms of reliability, long runtimesand performance.

Participant

I second that motion. X speed again proved itself down at Meadowbank on Sunday too… who says you cant go fast with stock(ish) motors? Just quietly, my 01 with a 10 tooth and X speed is slower than my 02 with 9 tooth and X speed. Odd, and not just a little bit slower too. Alot. And that 01 is fast for an unfetted car

Participant

quote:

this anima motor is the one that can work with stock z s right?

?can you compare it with a stock kyosho x-speed if you or betty have one ph2t?

im interested in hearing about it as the spaces i run my z’s are all pretty tight and i find my kyosho x-speed to be the best motor ive ever had in terms of reliability, long runtimes?and performance.

No Z,
      The Anima and Sabre motors require a fet or turbo mod, Your thinking of the SpeedyNM or the So5 :smiley2:

Participant

I think because you were running Sanyo 900 s in the 01 is where the difference was Dave…
      I know what you say about the 01 being on rails, the 02 looked to me to be on rails also…

Its otNa aconBa

Participant

quote:

I second that motion. X speed again proved itself down at Meadowbank on Sunday too… who says you cant go fast with stock(ish) motors? Just quietly, my 01 with a 10 tooth and X speed is slower than my 02 with 9 tooth and X speed. Odd, and not just a little bit slower too. Alot. And that 01 is fast for an unfetted car

so whats been done to the mr02 dave?

still want to take my Z s out for a run!!!
      [/quote]

Participant

02is unfetted too (and willstay that way…), add to that the motor in the 02 is as yet not broken in, so i d guess there’s a tiny bit more speed to be squeezed out of it yet. Pete; yes, Sanyo 900s in the 01, and Sanyo 800s in the 02. What you saying anyway dude? Now that i’ve put it like that it seems the 800s were getting better performance than the 900s, hence the greater speed in the 02. Less powerful batts., one less tooth on the pinion, and an unbroken in motor.My 01 should have eaten it alive. I’ll be sticking with the 800s, me thinks. TD; track will be out again this Sunday, you guys by chance NOT racing at Tempe this week?

Participant

sorry tempe racing this Sundayblackeye.gif

i can do next sunday plus if there is racing at castel hill next friday ill be there if you guys are going.

let us know if ur going on the firday and want to race on the sunday.

Participant

thanks pete!

quote:

Quote:
      I think because you were running Sanyo 900 ”’s in the 01 is where the difference was Dave… I know what you say about the 01 being on rails, the 02 looked to me to be on rails also… Its otNa aconBa

i thought that the higher the rating the longer the runtime, i.e. my 600mah batts allways go harder than the 700mah and especially the 800mah batts. but the 800mah allways run for longer than the 600mah rated batts..

i think thats what petes getting at dave.

Participant

Z Beam; yeah, I knew that. We had a chat about it last night, he thought i had the 900s in the 01. But it was nt the runtime, it was the performance. Is there a trade off in that respect (ie. punch vs. runtime)? Hope that made sense dude… TD; every friday mate, so yes will be therenext week.

Participant

in my observations yes there definatly is a trade off. ask me to explain why and id be lost for words tho…

remember how tomy bcg s came with ni-cads installed, then the whole rave about ni-mh’s came around and well they didnt make the car go any harder really on the SAME charge as standard batts. they could take a longer charge because of the higher mah rating (double charge) but in the end overall the nimhs never had the overall power of the lower rated ni-cads…

but then all that could be a bad example because im comparing 2 types of battery…

Participant

yea, it s got me baffled as well… not what you just posted, but the earlier point

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.