Police Lights

Viewing 41 reply threads
  • Author
      ph2t
      Participant

Ok then, I’ve finally made some movement on this, the aussie cop lights sorta alternate and strobe as well.

So here’s some photos of my prototype in all it’s “spaghetti junction” beauty, lol.

coplights_proto.gif

Here’s some video in divx format, view this to notice the strobe effect, the animated gif doesn’t get this effect across as well. Also you can see in the video that I can vary the strobe rate of the lights which is also really cool!

http://www.prahranpianos.com/bit_g/coplights/COPLIGHTS_PROTO.AVI

And here’s some pics:

More to come!

ph2t.

DaveF
      Participant

Looking good. What’s the chance of scaling it down enough though?

ph2t
      Participant

Very good. The circuit has a lower component count than the Knight Rider lights so it won’t be a problem. I’ll post the schematic soon (still drawing it). Once that is done and I’ve finalised the components I will start on the pcb track layout. All surface mount of course! :approve:

ph2t.

Barrelll
      Participant

sounds pretty sweet and looks good, you going to be selling these bad boys??

ph2t
      Participant

possibly dude, a long way to go yet…..

Ads
      Participant

now all you need is the cop bit char g and that is one sweet mod!

barto_85
      Participant

yeah, decided what car you’re going to turn into a police car yet?

ph2t
      Participant

I’m thinking either a gloria or wrx shell, seeing that there are wrx cop cars in VIC state…

ph2t.

leonli17
      Participant

Once u finish that cop car. U can be a cop try to chase other BCGs on a track.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Fantastic ph2t, love it.
      There is the extra function on the booster pcbs (F1) that could be used to turn the coplights on and off from the controller too.
      That would be cool. (and ah, a siren? too)
      :)uA

VooDooMafia
      Participant
      Quote:
      Fantastic ph2t, love it.
      There is the extra function on the booster pcbs (F1) that could be used to turn the coplights on and off from the controller too.
      That would be cool. (and ah, a siren? too)

Would you add a switch to the controller or is it when you push the boost would it go on?

And a siren now you are just out of controll lol

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Looks very similar to a circuit that i made once (one used a 4001 chip, one used two trannies)…very nice, where do you find the time??

micro_Amps
      Participant
      Quote:
      Would you add a switch to the controller or is it when you push the boost would it go on?

Yep, add a switch to the controller, and some components to the Rx pcb and there you have it, an extra r/c function.

VooDooMafia
      Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

Yep, add a switch to the controller, and some components to the Rx pcb and there you have it, an extra r/c function.

So does thismean if I get some light s from ph2t I will have them shiped to your place along with my car and controller?

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

That’s really cool, though I’m not convinced by the flash pattern. I think for it to really work correctly, you need more than two lights. I think all the police cars now use four lights or more.

micro_Amps
      Participant

Here is a link to how its done. I’m sure ph2t can do it for you if you wanted.
      Go to Bitmod.tk , then click on Electroniktuning, then scroll down to “1 more channel function for BCG booster”.
      You will need to ‘babelfish’ it to translate it, but its all there.
      Sorry I cant put a direct link in, I’m not sure why but it doesnt work, maybe because its a .tk, (??)

ph2t
      Participant

OTP, that’s true man for the pattern, I need to sort out the duty cycle on the pulse so it comes off as 10% duty = lights on and 90% duty = lights off. This would get the best strobe.

Also with cop cars having four lights you are correct also. This is part of my plan for this design and I was going to work on this component tonight. If you have seen the cop cars the two on the roof alternate and strobe. The two mounted on the front grill just alternate and not strobe. Again, I’m designing the circuit to suit this pattern.

I’m also trying to design a latch circuit (possibly using some D-latch flip flops) that can turn on any custom mod I have (lights, kitt lights, cop lights, etc..) by pressing the fwd button twice quickly in a predetermined timeframe.

Coolies,

ph2t.

Edited by – ph2t on 23 October 2003 15:06:34

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

If you get the light pattern worked out, put me down as your first customer 🙂

I’m not into Bits anymore but I’ll make an exception to make use of this circuit.:smiley16:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Bloody pigs :angry:

Why not make an undercover cop car?? with the lights in the front grille??

Admin
      Participant

hahaha u need a commodore shell or a falcon to get the real effect 🙂

bithed
      Participant

…ph2t…baby you get all this working good and I will request ONE BCG set and ONE mini Z set 🙂 Keep working on these…Love it !!

ph2t
      Participant

No worries man. I’ve been busy as lately with my companies AD migration. This has meant bugger all sleeep and no time to do squat(and any time left is wifey time:blush:). I’ve been sorta away from the forums the last couple of weeks. This project is still active though so rest assured that in the next 10 years I’ll get it done, lol….

ph2t.

merc-blue
      Participant

hey guys check out ebay they have police cars with lights i meant 2 be gettin one in a couple days… they made buy the same guys who do the clone fire trucks and ambulances and semis n stuff…

ph2t
      Participant

You got a link dude?

merc-blue
      Participant

nah but ill post pics it just arrived its cool its a “city heros” its got poice sirens sound when drive (come from controller)…and the charger is weird…. its a module that slides out of them main contoller to charge and u replace it to use the controller
      the quality it really good.. every thing worked and i opend her up and everything is soldered in well and such … also the gears r lime green

http://au.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/duke_lion2002 check out the pics….. the quality is poor but thats my camera

Edited by – merc-blue on 17 November 2003 13:46:07

ph2t
      Participant

Cool, so those lights on the top alternate flashing? Do they strobe as well or just go red,blue,red,blue, etc….

merc-blue
      Participant

nah they alternate flshing like a cop car does

ph2t
      Participant

Cool, take some video if you can mate.

ph2t.

merc-blue
      Participant

k ill get a short 1 for u

VooDooMafia
      Participant

hells yea I would love to see that

All the ones I have seen never had wotking lights

But I am still holding out for the ph2t version I wanna have a option with the controller to turn them on.

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh a remote on off would be cool

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh i uploaded a video of the lights and yeh i no the body isnt on .. thats cause im waiting for the glue 2 dry of my tab lowering job

ph2t
      Participant
      Quote:
      hells yea I would love to see that

All the ones I have seen never had wotking lights

But I am still holding out for the ph2t version I wanna have a option with the controller to turn them on.

lol dude, didn’t know the spec had changed all of a sudden. Does anyone know if this extra controller channel is on the LXX clones as well?

ph2t.

merc-blue
      Participant

lol u think u could do it im gonna have a look at the pcb in the thing i got n gona try 2 hook it up to a SBC and use the F1 channel…

merc-blue
      Participant

yeh i used the pcb for the lights out of this 1 and a pcb from a sbcg and now the function on the controller controls the lights!!!

merc-blue
      Participant
      HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

There is a cop car available as a bit. It doesn’t have flashing lights, but I was just mentioning it in case you want to use that body. I don’t remember who makes it but I can find out if you are interested.

ph2t
      Participant

That would be cool if you could. I’m having trouble finding the light casing that sits on top of the cop car.

ph2t.

bithed
      Participant

…PH2T…You keep working on those lights mate…I am gonna need a Mini Z sized set for a naked nsx…Anything you might need from this part of the world give me a yell 🙂

…BitHed’s rootin’ for the little fellas !!

ph2t
      Participant

lol dude, no sweats man. Will hopefully start trying a different design tonight. The other design has issues with timing between the red and blue lights. more to come…..

ph2t.

VooDooMafia
      Participant
      Quote:
      …PH2T…You keep working on those lights mate…I am gonna need a Mini Z sized set for a naked nsx…Anything you might need from this part of the world give me a yell 🙂

…BitHed’s rootin’ for the little fellas !!

Yo I could use a 20-24 year old school girl 🙂 other then that some newspapers would be nice kinda behind on my news from over there 🙂

bithed
      Participant

…VooDoo…no problems dood…I will just bundle her up and set her up in your next box of stuff…speaking of which I have to mail you 🙂 Keep your eye on Panictoys cos we have some new babies showing up soon…

…Ph2T…Rip into it mate…would your wife mind a visit by the Panictoys Party Girls cos i was gonna book them for a visit to your grotto…Perhaps give you a little helping hand with your timing 🙂 They turn my lights on anyway…But enuff sexual inuendo !! Back to the task at hand…

…For ONE set of functioning ‘ini Z size winky-blinky party police lights’ would like to offer you some spanking new product from the panicToys stable 🙂 Whatever tickles your fancy Ph2t…

…Be all you can be…
      …You are the light of my life…
      …Come on baby light my fire…
      …plus all those other oopey doopey funky wunky great hits of yesteryear that mention lights…lol…Damn its been a long day blackeye:

Viewing 41 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.