Porta-Trax announces SuperCircuits Pro Track Kits

Home Forums Bit Char-G, Digi-Q and other Micros Bit CharG and Micro Radio Controlled – Discussion Porta-Trax announces SuperCircuits Pro Track Kits

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Here are some prerelease pictures of our new SuperCircuits Track Kit. Your feedback is appreciated.

This layout is 12′ x 6′ and has some very unique featrues adapted from our larger-scale commerical tracks. (Porta-Trax is the world’s largest manufacturer of custom R/C tracks)

— The rails attach anywhere on the track and bend to almost any shape (all the rails in the picture are ‘straight’ to begin with and are bent to follow whatever radius you choose)

— The surface is the new ‘fiberless’ Mini-Z Ozite. It offers high traction with stock tires … it is especially designed for small scale cars.

— Although th track in the picture is cut out to the lane shape, kits will ship with a full piece of 6′ x 6′ or 12′ x 6′ un-cut base material, allowing you to design and change your layout at any time. (The green trim and grandstand/ buildings/people are not included in the basic kit.)

— The entire track rolls up and fits in its storage tube; setup/takedown is about 10-15 minutes.

— Sharp eyes will notice the bridge doesn’t really go anywhere and cuts into the track space… it is loose and you can place it anywhere …make it larger or smaller … bridge rails are included to make and overpass or underpass…(we wanted to show all the components of the kit.)

— Banked corners install in 30 seconds and are adjustable! Material is included for up to six banked corners. Realistic NASCAR type layouts are now possible …ideal for those with dual cell cars and high RPM motors.

— Plans will be included to duplicate famous F1 circuits, as well as the ‘SuperCircuit’ shown in the pictures.

— The kit takes an evening to build …extra rail kits are available to add/modify layouts.

— Projected retail for 12′ x 6′ super circuit is about $129 US. The 6′ x 6′ version will sell for about $79 …Porta-Trax has worked hard to make this track affordable and appealing to the do-it-yourself hobbyist on a budget. To reach that price point, we had to make this a kit … you must cut the rails to the correct length as shown in the plans and apply the red striping. The only tools needed are a razor knife and scissors.

— The scale buildings, flagstand and grandstands are also avaialble as kits and will sell for about 4-$10 each … they are not cardboard … rather they are laser-cut fiberboard, very durable and easily painted.

— This track will preview at the East Coast Hobby Show in Philadelphia on March 26th and will be available in the retail channel or direct from us within 30 days.

— For those running different scales/classes, the ability to change lane widths and curve radii is a feature that will allow you to run anything from Epoch 1/43 to MicroSizer. Mini-Z is also possible with the 12′ x 6′, although the track is primaraly designed for 1/64th to 1/43 class cars.

Porta-Trax has spent almost a year of R&D on this kit concept in order to give serious hobbyists a track that will truly enhance their racing experience, yet offer the convenience of quick setup and design change, all at an affordable price point.

Please let us know what you think of this engineering sample … if there is enough interest, we will begin to kit the track soon!

Regards, Lorne Cherry
      Senior Track Designer
      Porta-Trax Canada

(Track shown with 1/43 scale Digi-Q formula 1 cars)

Participant
      Participant

cool, looks like a lotta fun! and very professional too:smiley2: although at that price it would be a group investment which aint so bad. you couldn’t have a great track like that and not hold races on it!:p:8ball:

Participant

x-pensive indeed.. making tracks is one of the funnest parts to this hobby. i could just imagine how many i could churn out with the same amount of money!

good luck tho! wouldnt mind trying one out.

Participant

I like the fact that it’s somewhat portable. That compensates the cost a little. I don’t have enough time to build my own track. I am still looking for good track ideas. I will most likely keep looking for something cheaper, but I don’t think I’ll find something up to the specs I need, so I’ll probably pick up 2 in about six months, after I’m sick of looking around.
      Overall, outstanding. Would like to see a street racing track someday. Would be cool to race around a small city.

Participant

those tracks look really good.

like the idea of going through a city, if only someone did an Italian Job track now that would be cool.

Participant

It does look cool, and if I had a club of friends racing it would be worth it. But for my personal need a BonzerMat works well.

Participant

whats a bonzermat?

Participant
      Quote:
      whats a bonzermat?

A bonzerMat is the first truly portable micro R/C track (it even comes with a sporty carry bag). All details at http://www.bonzergear.com
      or click here.

I would appreciate any comments/feedback

Hey Bilbo, taken any pictures yet of the track in action?

Cheers

TB

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.