Post times out by 2 hours ??

Home Forums General Chat Post times out by 2 hours ??

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      micro_Amps
      Participant

For those of us in Melbourne who have just gone into daylight savings time, (ON AEDST) the times that are shown on the posts are 2 hours out (behind)
      I can see why it would be 1 hour, but why 2 ??
      Any ideas.
      :)uA

ph2t
      Participant

’cause the states have gone back an hour as well. As part of the company I work for we have our parent company in the states, in discussions with them last week they told us that their DST was going back an hour on the weekend. I believe that ausmicro.com is co-located in the US so this would be why this is happening.. 🙂

ph2t.

Edited by – ph2t on 27 October 2003 07:24:28

micro_Amps
      Participant

Surely there is a GMT+/- adjustment that can keep us on track. I havent noticed this time difference in the past when this changed.

ph2t
      Participant

Yeah, it depends on how the web site is setup. A lot of web hosting companies use only one actuall web server for many different clients/domains, eg: http://www.blah.com, http://www.quijibo.com, http://www.sillybuggers.com could all be different websites but they are on the one physical box. If this is the case then setting the local web time per server can be tricky. I’ve had some experience on this in my job as a network admin.

ph2t.

Super Max Power
      Participant

I am glad I live in Queensland – Don’t have to worry about the curtins fading with all the extra sunlight you get in the southern states.

Keymaster

*laughs* I just have to jump on as admin and re-set the offset. was a little tied up over the past few days otherwise I would have done it sooner!

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Keymaster

Got the undies on the outside of the pants now and the clock is fixed 😉

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

ms char-ged
      Participant

Admin, we know your Derek or Aaron, you don’t have to hide behind the alias, or maybe you can admit who you are :question:

micro_Amps
      Participant

Nah, c’mon that would take away all the mystery.
      I’m sure ‘admin’ whoever that person might be, much prefers to lurk in dark corners and narrow alleyways, leave him alone, he’s just shy thats all.:smiley2:

leonli17
      Participant

U mean he is like SOMEBODY in a Harry Potter novel?

micro_Amps
      Participant

Something like that, or, I imagine him to be like a ‘gollum’ type of character.

Keymaster

Admin =
      Aaron

I just don’t have my ‘regular’ user set up to do anything except moderate. Admin accounts can change other settings that moderators can’t.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

micro_Amps
      Participant

See I told you he was a normal person.
      :smiley2:uA

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.