preparing for a long winter

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      betty.k
      Participant

well all this recent crap melbourne weather has forced me to put together some indoor toys:shock: so i decided to have something slick that i could “charge and go” with. (a novel idea, i know!)

pics are here http://www.geocities.com/bettyk3332003/gallerystreetrides.html

single cell
      tomy booster with biff(tm) turbo
      bit char g motors 3.8
      tomy chassis
      pullback rims and tyres
      8.25:1gearset
      skyline somethingorother shell

i’m going to lower the shell as much as i can (no really) and i might even paint this one and the rims too. and wait for it…… no suspension! i’ve even removed the sway bar! and the important part is she handles well and absolutely flies!! it’s matching speed with my desert hummer which is a dual cell with a double stacked tomy booster pcb and the same gearset! :p so i’ll keep you updated on the progress, i figure winter will keep me working on this one!:8ball:

brendan
      Participant

man nice job! your onroad cars are lookin as good as your off roads..:8ball:

barto_85
      Participant

wow, betty has some pretty cars. Really like the look of that zip zap. ohh and the guts sound good too.

leonli17
      Participant

The off road king can’t defeat the weather afterall. He’d been forced to On-Road!

betty.k
      Participant

:Dhehe, gimme some time! i wanna goop one up with silicone or something to enable a bit of waterproofing. but til then i’m gonna have a go at some track cars:8ball:

brendan
      Participant

we need some of that melbourne weather down here, it hasnt rained since christmasblackeye:

z-beam
      Participant

i wouldnt mind some zip zap shells, im a bit missing some chunky shells in my collection.

that AM shell is cool as, and these new biff’s sound real promising.
      pity i’m sold on the superbit chassis and controller! mr. biff probably dont like the sbcg either.

whats the tyres on the celica ute? i like the front end holes in the shell.

betty.k
      Participant

the ute has perfection soft rear and zz factory tyres. and the holes are for lights which i removed.
      sbcg pcb’s have enough output anyway, but i doubt biff will work on it:8ball:

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU??! Good work! Especially on that celica. I can’t wait to try those biffs out.

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

I have been away with the mini Z/1:10 fairies the last few months, perhaps it’s time to crank out some of me old bits eh?

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.