Problem with range

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
      KingRX7
      Participant

My kyosho mini-z is getting very bad range like under 10feet. Does the amount of battery power affect the range because maybe its because the batterys are low?

Trackmaster
      Participant

Yeah, less amount of battery power gives a weaker signal. I suggest you begin with inserting new batteries before you start pulling your parts apart!

/Trackmaster

GT-ahh
      Participant

or maybe you touched the ariels together.. I did this and my range dropped to 6ft max…
      I fixed it tho…

VR-4
      Participant

we all had that prob i just did this and fixed everything http://mywebpages.comcast.net/draconious/Mini-Z/TT_Antenna.html

KingRX7
      Participant

mine is completely stock i dont see how it could have fried something and i dont want to break it and have spent 100.00 down the trash

VR-4
      Participant

Dont give up hope yet if you do i’ll buy it off you.

first things first are the batt’s in the car and in the remote new or fully charger if not replace them and test.

now if that dosent look carfuly look over the pcb and look from burnt stuff you will know it when you see it.

i had the same prob and it was none of the above i just switched the ant. wire to whare the site i posted befor said to and it has better range.

also the ant. on your remot could has lose connection if all the above dont work try that out.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/draconious/Mini-Z/TT_Antenna.html

he also sells new and used servos and pcb’s for $60 usd remotes $15 and he test everything befor he ships also he takes burned out bords and depends what he can use from it for parts he gives you credit.

KingRX7
      Participant

i think mines burnt because around the sweet spots or whatever it is all black/brown stuff around it

VR-4
      Participant

yup thats burnt out e mail that site i gave you and ask him if you can trade it in for a new or used pcb

VR-4
      Participant

if you dont wanna buy 1 i’ll but the burnt out pcb servo and all outher parts if you wanna sell them if you do whare do you live?

KingRX7
      Participant

I did the testing thing like he did in the picture and it fixed the range. So now i just have to resolder the antenna and hope that fixes it. I used a gold copper core wire like he did in his test and had my brother go across the room with the controller while i pressed it to the sweet spots. Now i just have to resolder the antenna to one of them. I’m a little scared that my soldering skills arent that persise to get it to the sweet spot though

KingRX7
      Participant

Ok im back now after about an hour of soldering i have finally got the little antenna to the small sweet spot and it works!!!!:D Thank you very much vr-4 i finally got the sweet range that everyone is talking about haha

VR-4
      Participant

np i upgraded to a cat7 wires thats like a cat 5 but much much better but coust more and got a extra 10 foot of range.

i had the same prob with my car and i had to fin out how to fix it my self and i allmost gave up all hope then i saw that link and wam my mini z kicks azz now

GT-ahh
      Participant

I thought you were good friends with draconic? wouldnt he have just told u how to fix it?

VR-4
      Participant

that was pre knowing him.

oh yeah enzo group buy going on mr2 $160 shipped let me know if you wanna go in on it and i’ll let him know im buying another 1 cuz i fryed my pcb lmao

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Yeah i made a set of underbody neons, and they shorted on the antenna, and literally coocked my mini z, but the sweet spot trick fixed it up all good.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.