problem with the green gears

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

i have just got a skyline special edition and the green gears are shocking, the car barely seems to move, the gears seem to tight, just wondering if anybody has had this problem and is there a way to fix it>?

Admin
      Participant

Are you still running the 1.0 motor with them? Could the ratios be no good for the motor? Just a thought

I have the Skyline LE set too and will be getting the gears pretty soon – will let you know how it goes or if there are similar issues. Mind you, the 2000GT-R is running a 3.0 and the other two are on 2.2 engines – I’ll drop a 1.0 back in and see.

Admin
      Participant

nah im using the 2.6, and its sooooooo stiff it just doesnt move unlees you push it forward

Admin
      Participant

I tried them with my 2.2, 2.6 and 3.0 and they were fine, both in the Skline LE chassis and the Fairlady Z chassis.

Admin
      Participant

yeah min has losened up a bit now and its running fine, i probably just had to run in the gears and motor

z-beam
      Participant

i shaved one edge of the motor bay so that i could fit the 6 or the 7 spoked pinion gear. before it wouldnt work for the same reason.

by the way does the special edition come with an eight spoked pinion gear? i bought an oem special edition rx7 that had 3.0 motor and pink gears that give awesome top speed.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.