Proportional speed control on a bit?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Impreza
      Participant

Saw this and thought a few techies;) here would be intrested? It was in the links over at BitCar-G Grand Prix. It is a bit over my head atm, but looks like you can order these boards premade? Not sure about the IR, but the proportional speed would be great.

http://www.tapspring.com/BCQ.htm

Anyways thought this may help one or two out there trying to make proportional (speed) control bits?

Edited by – Impreza on 14 January 2004 19:16:04

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Old news, it’s only throttle and gives you all the disadvantages of a Digi-Q.

You could buy ‘clones’ of this car (Bit type with IR throttle propo) a while back at TE (they’ve disappeared now).

Several people have built fully propo Bits, including myself (Zip Zap wheelbase). It’s very easy, just expensive.

Impreza
      Participant

Thanks OTP, was impressed with the board thou. Did you ever finish your 1/64 F1 or the Ford GT? I am working on a GT atm and it is taking longer then I would like. Alot of rounded curves on that car makes it hard to get symmetry just right, but I think I have it now:) pic in gallery near top.

oldtamiyaphile
      Participant

Cool, no, I gave up all my 1/64 projects and have gone to 1/32 scale. I can build propo cars all day, hehe. The only car I still want to finish is my 1/60 Renault Espace F1.

I switched scales for many reasons, including the time/reward ratio you mentioned. I can simply do better, faster than I could in 1/64, plus things like planes are actually doable (without only having 1/64 Jumbos).

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.