psp = bad

Home Forums General Chat psp = bad

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      L337_krew
      Participant

well just want to let u guys know ..well for me my experience with the psp has been bad and sony technical support was even worse..
      firstly i got a psp as a xmas present but then found out there was a dead pixel..i went back to myers where it was purchased and they didnt do anything, they said sony stopped them from taking back dead pixel psp so they gave us sony number..
      in short quote “its not a manufacturers defect” i mean its brand new out of the pack from a big store and has a dead pixel… after this sony product seen very poor and support..HA wat support…
      btw on the psp website it says u can exchange if u have a dead pixel but wat they neglect to say is that u have to have AT LEAST 6 for them to change..
      so i guess im stuck with this faulty psp just wanted to let u guys know bout this and how poor sony support is…SONY :laser:

Keymaster

I’ve heard a blow to a LCD with a rubber round ended type device can “kill” pixels quite effectively.

Unfortunately if you hit too hard and crack anythign (glass etc) no warranty at all…

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

z-beam
      Participant

whats that Aaron? to kill stuck pixels so they dont show up?

krew, i have one and a have a small patch of stuck pixels but i dont let them get in the way of my enjoyment…

i suggest you get a good high powered magnifying glass and inspect your dead “pixel”. you might find it is a block of more than one, the screen is very high definition compared to most lcd’s so you might still be covered…

Keymaster

No – it kills more – in a nice tight cluster, ideal for getting something replaced under warranty. The goal is to get the screen over the warranty replacement threshold.

A.

--
      Site Owner Guy.

PandaBear
      Participant

My Jap PSP has a few dead pixels (Sharp screen), but they’re so small it doesn’t bother me.

Pretty darned hard to find any without… find any shop willing to let you check out the screen before buying?

L337_krew
      Participant

nah nah i dun mind mine doesnt matter to me now after exchanging 5 psp with all dead pixels… but wat really annoys me is that sony has really crap support.. how u sony say its not a manufacturers defect wen its brand new…
      and i understand if they fix a psp with a dead pixel they have to fix like 20 million or something but think bout this… if they make it right in the first place they wouldnt have this problem..
      measure twice and cut once is something sony should learn

PandaBear
      Participant

The screens are made by Samsung and Sharp… if Sony had insisted on Zero dead pixels on their suppliers, methink the PSP will be at least a $10,000 unit.

Does the job fine as is.

Keymaster

I do wonder about that. I mean we buy TFTs for work in batches of 20, 40 and 100s and honestly we’ve not had a single dead pixel out of about 1000 odd screens in the last 4 or so years.

Before that we had a $5000 SGI screen witha few locked on straight out of the box, a $8000 Toshiba with 3 locked on and 5 locked off in a cluster…

Seems at least on mainstream screen reliability is great.

The PSP is cheap, but at least the screen should (IMHO) be dead pixel free from new….

--
      Site Owner Guy.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.