Pull back chassis

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      twizm
      Participant

anyone thought of modding their bit into a pull back chassis? id do it but i dont have the money or parts to be killing bits. the chassis would definitely be lighter, and would looks like it might hold a bit more storage room for batteries, motors, etc.

betty.k
      Participant

sounds interesting. would be a lot of work, but if done well there would be a bit more space for extra batts and pcb’s:8ball:

VooDooMafia
      Participant

I am not sure they would be an advantage to this. After you add all the mounting brackets you would take up most of that space.

Why not just take a SBCG chassie and replace the PBC or crystal to avoid the range issue.

HACHI-RYOKU
      Participant

The supers don’t use a crystal, they use a potentiometer wraped with enamled wire. I did replace the pcb’s on several. You loose the higher torque characteristics when you loose the super pcb, but you can get it all back and more with the mosfet mod.

I’m actually interested in this idea myself, but haven’t really come up with any good ideas. I did see someone do this type of mod before though. They took a bit steering compartment, hacked it off and replaced the pullbacks front with the bits front. He said it worked pretty good. I don’t think it really gave him any speed increase though.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.