QFM Monster Truck Mod Pics

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hello again, we finally finished the write-up for the monster truck mod. We didnt want to post the pics until we got the write-up done. We prefer our descriptions brief but concise, so it takes a while to decide what to cut out and reword. Anyway, you cansee thefull mod at QuestFormadness.com in the mod section, numbers 28 & 29.

Fiber Optic headlamp mod is next, but on hold, becuase we are still lookin for a sub micro switch and a micro male/female connector for quick release and attachment.

Admin
      Participant

Dude, that thing is freakin awesome!!! Thattruck kicks the crap out of a stomper. How’s the steering?

What’s up with that invisible shell? Is that what wonder woman drives when she’s not flying her jet? LOL

Great job, it’s beefed

Admin
      Participant

The steering responsiveness is slow, in both a 2.2 and 1.0. These tires have sticky rubber compound and the surface area is wide. The steering will not respond unless the car is engaged in forward or backward motion.

I have plastic cast monster tires, and when placed on the front axles, the problem is resolved and steering is normal again. This is because the plastic tires were much lighter, and actually had a very thin small contact area with the surface right down the middle of the tread. I never ran plastic tires on the rear axle because I would have to create a completely new axle just to test, whereas the front pins are easy to swap out.

The other way to remedy the slow steering is to make the car 2.4v dual cell. this will give both torque and a stronger magnetic signal to the steering.

The car is modded on a clear body to showcase the suspension. Had this been a painted body, you guys would have a hard time seeing themechanics of the suspension. this mod is largely for aesthetics and really just proof of theory that it could be done, and we wanted to be first!

chillz
      Participant

It looks nice, but do those body shocks do anything?

Admin
      Participant

Your truck looks the coolest thing yet, on the net.

But,

Would it drive over let alown crush my 1/5th scale 22cc petrol racing car ?

Would you sell your truck?

Yours Rob B

Admin
      Participant

thats fully sick m8!!!

u qfm guys are awsome! 😀

Admin
      Participant

Keep up the good work QFM

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.