QFM Spring Suspension Mod?

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Is the http://www.questformadness.com spring mod worth doing? does it actually do anything besides look cool? does it work better with the stabalizer bar or without.

Thanx

Matt

Admin
      Participant

Seems to work better for me without the sway bar (stabius). I think it performs better, but you should really wait for feedback from other people who have done the mod simply because I run that site (http://www.questformadness.com) and my opinion wouldnt be appropriate.

Is it worth doing? I am a mod freak, so yes. But another person in another forum mentioned that it was a difficult mod because he had trouble reassembling the front end. Cutting the the tiny springs to size isnt that easy either. If you dont work well with tiny parts, this may not be the mod for you.

Admin
      Participant

I have 4 boosters and the mod worked on 2 of them 45mhz and 35mhz, but messed up the steering on the 57mhz. Performance improved on the cars with the shocks.

Admin
      Participant

Oh and B V CAREFUL with the springs… you drop it and it’ll bounces rightoutta site….

I found that cuttingONE spring intoEXACTLY 2 halfs fitseach car perfectly i.e use one spring per car…. KAPEESH??!!!….

Admin
      Participant

My steering diameter is now larger, but I shorten the “springs should improve that (not yet time for it)

But with this U maybe can make your bits turn left and right at the same distance !!

Admin
      Participant

Will this help my car go in a more straight path forwards and backwards? I’ve managed to adjust the steering trim knob thing at the bottom so that it goes in a straight line forwards, but it still *always* reverses to the left. Is there any other way to fix this?

Admin
      Participant

It?s very straight now !! = )

BUT you gotta take your time to adjust the lenght of the springs !!

Admin
      Participant

Cool, now I’ll have to find an easy way to get some springs…

Admin
      Participant

im thinking of doing this spring thing also after reading this im fairly convinced;)

Admin
      Participant

You can buy the Gold plated springs at http://www.questformadness.com for $2 USD.Click into the Online Store.

Admin
      Participant

i have also found these springs in the Tomy AFX slotcar tuneup kit guys, just in case you feel you need these urgently and you have access to a shop selling these AFX goods. These are in Australian shops at about $AUS 4.00- $AUS 6.00, although you also get alot of other bits and pieces which may come useful in some way…

Cheers.

Admin
      Participant

Thanks Djinn! Just the kind of info I needed!

Admin
      Participant

they are back in stock at questformadness.com!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.