Quad Mod

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      perriscope
      Participant

I just got 4 batteries into my little car!! I used 4 of the 150mah 1/4AAA, u can get from http://www.batterieswholesale.com they all sit upright in the battery area that everyone else uses for dual cell mod. I’ll have to post pictures but I don’t have access to digital camera at the moment. Has anyone done this before??? I used my dremal I was only aiming for 2 batts to start, then thought three fits easy how about 4!! I used a clone off course, kept going with the dremal. And sure enough I now have 4 that fits!! the pcb sits pretty high and the roof needed cutting out so the cap and pod fits hee hee.

lots of people seem to do dual cell mods and I don’t hear much about the shortened life of the motors?? Is running at 2.4V determental to the motors??

I have asked about dual cell mod As I intend on having two sets of parallel batteries then put those in series:p. hence it will give 2.4v at the battery terminals. 2.4V 300mah!! YEAHHH!! A heavy car i know but should have a nice long run time off a peak charger ;o). Now i just have to build my peak charger.

Also I have never soldered batteries before anyone got some tips? what are some alternatives i.e. home made contacts etc.

micro_Amps
      Participant
      Quote:
      Is running at 2.4V determental to the motors??

Perri, it is but only if you run them non stop for a full battery.
      They seem to handle lots of stops and starts alright tho.
      If you want to kill a motor, try running it flat out on a running treadmill, it will die eventually.

Quote:
      Also I have never soldered batteries before anyone got some tips?

dremmel a little clean spot on each end of the cell. Make sure soldering iron is up to temp.Pre-tin the wire to be soldered, then solder onto the end of the cell as quickly as possible, try not to heat the cell up too much. Heat will damage the cell and melt the heatshrink coating.
      I havent seen a multi cell mod that uses contacts. I think the cells would move if you crashed into something.
      Goodluck, let us know how you go.
      :)uA

micro_Amps
      Participant

Well, how did you go?
      Wouldnt mind seeing a pic of the quad mod.
      :)uA

perriscope
      Participant

i actually haven’t touched it since we last spoke, busy busy busy with work and going away hee hee friend has holiday house down coast, scuba diving yay and I’m going again this looooooooooong weekend. So not much is getting done in the way of mods, but I will eventually get it done!! and show the world!!!

ph2t
      Participant

Yeah, spill dude!:smiley2:

ph2t.

GT-ahh
      Participant

there was a multi-cell about a year back with contacts…I built mine like that too. If its a dual sleeper its so snug that even in the biggest horror crash the batteries will sit tight..

perriscope
      Participant

uhhnnnunnunn

how do you write a sulky voice :O(

I just broke three tiny wires :O(

NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!

anyhows this project is sloooooowing down

but it will happen!!

perriscope
      Participant

uhhnnnunnunn

how do you write a sulky voice :O(

I just broke three tiny wires :O(

NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!

anyhows this project is sloooooowing down

but it will happen!!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.