Quality questions on LXX

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      titaniumonkey
      Participant

I wanted to get an LXX beetle set for my birthday. However, I was wonderign whether the LXX is any good. After all, it is a clone and clones are prone to breakage and/or not working. So, what are your experiences with this brand? Are they reliable/any good?

TallduDe
      Participant

well i bought one myself. the 57mhz one. its good. it charges for a long time giveing a long run time. it steers well in both directions and runs straight. the lights works really well, both bright.

but the body seems to lose its paint easyly. everytime you land on your roof or clip a wall it causes a stractch and eventually bits of paint fall off.

basically the car is very good. the lights are really nice but the body paint quaility is lacking.

buy 1 its worth it, just give the body some clear coat to prevent the paint from falling off.

ph2t
      Participant

For a clone I’m happy with them. I got a 57Mhz booster set and was happy with the results. The only things I noticed were.

1) Noisy, very bloody noisy.
      2) Piss poor unboosted, needed a 3.8 a least.
      3) Stock range is excellent.
      4) Front sway bar is stiff as, makes the turning circles relly tight.
      5) Font tab is wider on the chassis and therefore it’s harder to fit legit TOMY shells onto it.

For it’s cost though, it’s the best clone out there.

ph2t.

brendan
      Participant

i have a lxx charg and i have had no problems with it, but mine isnt noisy, but i have noticed they are not as fast, my tomy car is very fast with a 4.2 in and my lxx is a little bit faster than that with the 4.2 and duel cell.

titaniumonkey
      Participant

thanks for the info. Now for a buying question. Should I choose it over a tomy BCG which costs a little bit more (about 2 dollars)?

VooDooMafia
      Participant
      Quote:
      thanks for the info. Now for a buying question. Should I choose it over a tomy BCG which costs a little bit more (about 2 dollars)?

Yo if you can get a tomy car for $2.00 more then go for it. Although I have not seen to many places that sell tomy’s for 2 bucks more then LXX.

I like the LXX cause I can order a ton and it doesn’t cost me that much. This way if I fudge them up while modding its not as bad.

for $13.50 I got 2 box set( 2 chassies, 4 bodies, 2 3.0 motors nice soft tires) and 2 bonus 4.2’s. So they are a good deal all in all. but like I said for 2 bucks more get the tomy.

titaniumonkey
      Participant

thanbks for all this advice. Has anyone here ever had any major problems withan LXX? (like steerign problems or interference problems…)

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Not with the newer LXX. I had some probs with the older stuff but nothing major.

titaniumonkey
      Participant

thanks…now, for something a little off topic, has anyone seen cyclona clones in the zcars pakaging? I saw an s2000 with gold rims in a zcar box with a zcar controller…

VooDooMafia
      Participant

there are so many clones its hard to say what is out there. My thing is this. If its cheap or I dont have one in my collection I buy it.

titaniumonkey
      Participant

I was sorta thinkin about that. the thin is… that zcar cyclona hybrid is 20 bucks canadian… I might be able to get a half price on that. is it worth it?
      (now I’m REALLY getting off topic here)

VooDooMafia
      Participant

Well I can’t say if its worth it as I dont have one to compare quality or anything. But I guess teh worst that could happen is the thing is total crap so you just body mod it and the controller so that you now have a nice display piece on your shelf 🙂

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.