question about booster

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

Hello everyone, this is my first post here! I’m totally new to Bit Char-G’s. Just about to place an order for my first car (Nissan Gloria). I read another thread that said that the booster kit needs the 4band control to work, but can I use the 2.2 motor in the Nissan?

Admin
      Participant

Welcome aboard, Maladroit! Hope you enjoy yourself and learn a thing or two from our little community!

The Booster Set cars definitely need the special 4Band controllers to make them operate. They use a different code set from the normal cars and, of course, need a controller with an “action” button (a third channel) to make them scream off into the distance :smiley2:

And yes – you can transplant the Micro B 2.2 across to your Gloria if you want some extra punch! All Micro B motors, as long as they’re fitted with the BLACK pinion gear, will go into any of the Bit Char-G cars.

Hope that helps. Cheers!

Derek

Admin
      Participant

Thx for the answer… one more thing. The 4band control operates all Bit Char-G cars right? not just the booster ones?

Admin
      Participant

Correct

Admin
      Participant

Maladroit – yep, 4Band controller can control the standard other cars, you just need to flick the A-B-C (code set) selector switch on the back to “A”

Cheers

Derek

Admin
      Participant

thx alot

Admin
      Participant

I got a similar question:

Can the standard controller control all frequencies, or just a single freq? I remember reading that one controler could be set to diffrent frequencies.. but I’m not sure if it was the Char-G controller or the Digi-Q controler? Somebody clear this up for me.

BTW.. I just ordered my first Char-G, a Nissan Gloria w/ 1.0 motor. Can’t wait for it to get here!!

Admin
      Participant

Dirk

The standard (rectangular ‘slab’) controller can control only a single frequency. You’re thinking of the Digi Q controller :smiley15:

Derek
      (6.15am Monday….another working week about to commence….errrrgh!)

Admin
      Participant

ah right..

Thanks Derek!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.