questions for tri cell mod

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      leonli17
      Participant

If i do a tri cell mod, will it over load the PCB? And maybe the motor after a short period of time?

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

It shouldn’t overload the pcb, but it may kill the motor.

ph2t
      Participant

The RX2 chip can sustain up to a 6V source. This is academic considering that there is a 3V DC regulator chip that always outputs 3V when the input can vary from 1.2V to 6V. As jamie said, the motor will prolly die first…. Make sure you’ve got a few spare, lol!

ph2t.

micro_Amps
      Participant

BUT ph2t, the RX2 chip runs off the 3V regulator, not off the supply voltage. So if the regulator can take over 6V then the RX2 chip is protected by the regulator.
      I have charged triple cell bits at 9v and run them whilst on the charger, and it doesnt seem to effect them, so the regulator must be good for up to 9V at least.
      You just need to be careful of cap C11, it says 6.3V in the circuit diag, but is 10V on the pcbs.
      Worth a check first.

Loenli17, I agree with Jamie, the pcb will be ok, but long runs at 3.6V will definitely kill your motor. (I killed 5 in one night on a running treadmill.)
      Keep it to short runs, or if you are modding a booster chassis, drive around ‘unboosted’ for a while between bursts to let things cool down, then it should be fine.
      :)uA

ph2t
      Participant

Yeah, that was the meaning in my head, I guess it didn’t translate to my fingers, doh!

leonli17
      Participant

i just ask this because i will probebly race a guy use a 12V motor RC car. i think the size of his car is 1/20 scale. I need a booster chassis with tri cell mod as well as MOSFET mod so i might have chance to beat him. Any one can help on this race?
      And this race is only a drag race.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.