Quiet on the Bit Char-G front…

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • Author
      Admin
      Participant

The last bit of news on Bit Char-G was absolutely ages ago, it was the announcement of the Mini Cooper which is released in November. So we’ve got busses, submarines, tanks and earth movers all on the way – but what about other car models? Will Tomy still carry on releasing new car models every so often? Or will we be seeing more obscure vehicles like lorries, tractors, milk floats etc.? I certainly hope we’ll see more cars, and I’m sure we will.

Admin
      Participant

Hmm I think they will most likely make some different types of Micro RC stuff, they have quite a few different major cars, but I agree that the last peice of fresh news was ages ago, does anyone know when anything ‘new’ is going to come out? Like the BCG Tank for instance?

z-beam
      Participant

something (not so) big is just around the corner, lets hope it comes soon.

doesnt tomy make zoids? they are robotic animals i used to own as a kid that they are producing again. if only tomy would forget tanks and build the worlds first customisable battle mech’s we could all rejoice. the mechwarrior licence must be cheap as k’nex (sh*tty lego) have released a 4 mech series that are apalling.

imagine having robot monster chasing your bit!

GT-ahh
      Participant

yeah and we could arm them with mini flame throwers and tiny bits of C4….lmao

PandaBear
      Participant

uhoh… maybe BCG is getting discontinued… the craze is over, fellas! :smiley4:

Admin
      Participant

Nah… There’s the Speed Racer stuff to come (November?) The Toyota Voltz thing etc ….

There is new stuff coming but I think Tomy is gearing up for a bit range of pre-Xmas releases!

Admin
      Participant

Ahhhhhh now you’ve really let the “kitty” out of the bag…you are gonna be selling lots a new stuff eh?

Admin
      Participant

Well caine the bcg tanks are coming soon but they are hella dodgy. (purple tank?) They do however, fire bb pellets, but as i said before, the digi-g tanks with changeable”armour strength” “fire power” “reload time” and “ammo capacity”, it seems almost like virtual reality, plus the control has squillions of buttons, hence lots of functions.

I hore they bring out bit char-dragsters,bit char-planes, or bit char-boats……or a bit char-helicopter!! (ok, ok, maybe not the helicopter…)

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by z-beam on 23October2002

something (not so) big is just around the corner, lets hope it comes soon.

doesnt tomy make zoids? they are robotic animals i used to own as a kid that they are producing again. if only tomy would forget tanks and build the worlds first customisable battle mech’s we could all rejoice. the mechwarrior licence must be cheap as k’nex (sh*tty lego) have released a 4 mech series that are apalling.

imagine having robot monster chasing your bit!

Forget Mechwarrior, its more likely Tomy would take on the Gundam Wing license. I’d love to see some Manga/Anime based Bit Char-G vehicles/robots !

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by PandaBear on 23October2002

uhoh… maybe BCG is getting discontinued… the craze is over, fellas! :smiley4:

Nah, can’t see this happening – not just yet anyway.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Aaron on 23October2002

Nah… There’s the Speed Racer stuff to come (November?) The Toyota Voltz thing etc ….

There is new stuff coming but I think Tomy is gearing up for a bit range of pre-Xmas releases!

As far as I’m aware, the Toyota Voltz is a limited edition and only available to those in Japan who purchase a Toyota ‘real’ car. So it won’t be released to us – unless I’m wrong of course.

I’m hoping they’ve got some new releases planned before Xmas.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by jamiekulhanek on 23October2002

I hore they bring out bit char-dragsters,bit char-planes, or bit char-boats……or a bit char-helicopter!! (ok, ok, maybe not the helicopter…)

That’d be cool, but somebody once told me that planes would be a no-go becasue of the parts and physics involved. Dragsters – now I would definitely buy them! I’d like to see the monster trucks released before X-mas. And boats I could definitely see Tomy go for that.

Admin
      Participant

Yea I doubt TOMY will ever be able to make anything that flies, and is small (stupid gravity 🙁 ), yea boats is what I think they will do, if they do expand their range, easy,safe and not too extreme.

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Chris_Flowers on 23October2002

That’d be cool, but somebody once told me that planes would be a no-go becasue of the parts and physics involved.

Yup, that’s too true – you just can’t muck about with Newton.

Planes need to be as big as possible to fly well; I remember RC trainers with huge 8-10′ wingspan… these were super stable and flew extremely slow (walking pace!) too – they just about flew themselves.

Tiny planes will be too strongly affected by crosswinds etc. Anything less than 1′ wingspan would be totally uncontrollable, even a human’s breathing would affect it.

Then again… what about a helium-filled Bit-Hindenberg?? :smiley1:

Admin
      Participant

Hmm if they make boats, they mite make some sort of army designs, then you could have a war with the Digi-Q sub and the boat. The boat would be defenceless and attackless unless TOMY make a cannon on it (drool).

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Caine on 23October2002

The boat would be defenceless and attackless unless TOMY make a cannon on it (drool).

Not if its a sub though, you could just make it dive.

z-beam
      Participant

bring on the varitech tanks!

saw some remote airship/zepplins on the net recently the site also has optional cameras that can be picked up by tuning your tv to a particular freq.

Admin
      Participant

Varitech tanks? What are they? URL?

=)

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Caine on 24October2002

Varitech tanks? What are they? URL?

IIRC Varitech is the name of the vehicles/robots from the Japanese Anime/Manga ‘Robotech’ or ‘Macross’. It stands for ‘variable vehicle’ (or close enough!)as they can transform into robots from vehicles and vice~versa. Where Macross is concerned, it was a futuristic fighter jet called ‘Valkyrie’ which transformed intoa robot – but don’t quote me on this, its a long time since I saw Macross or Robotech. Presumably there are variable tanks as well. As for an URL, er, try searching the Robotech Official Site.

z-beam
      Participant

thanks chris. cant you ‘member the tanks? i’ve still got one of the plastic kits cos when i was six i thought the jets looked like girls!

Admin
      Participant

Well you guys obviously dont know much about indoor flyers. A plane with a 5″-15″ should fly with the bcg guts installed. The whole thing would weigh about 10-15 grams, but it is fragile (impossible to break in flight, but suffers hangar rash (damage due to absent minds))

PandaBear
      Participant

No, I’ve seen them too – “freeflight” thingies that just do circles indoors (this is pre BCG times, of course).

But they’re all too fragile for ‘common’ usage, no company in their right mind would dare sell these on the massmarket. You can just about bet, the first day they’re available there’ll be some idiot (1) trying to fly it in a outdoor field during a hurricane and (2) quickly returning the thing all smashed. :smiley11:

Trust me… you don’t know how stupid some customers can be – until you’ve hung out long at a hobby shop.

Admin
      Participant

Free flight planes are a waste in my opinion, have you seen those helicopters attached to string lol.

PandaBear
      Participant

Haha, what do you think about “tether cars” then? IC-engined cars that run in rings around a stake. They reach up to 200mph!! :smiley3:

Admin
      Participant

MM i know u guys think indoor FF is boring, but when u scratch build a plane, trim it up, and win competitions…it soon becomes fun….

Yeah those planes on the string….i would get soooo dizzy :smiley11:

PandaBear
      Participant

Haha, lets get some perspective here…! I think:-

1) Caine is talking about those $2 babytoy helicopters/jetplane/superman that hang from the ceiling and then buzz around in small 2′ circles…

2) Jamie’s “planes on string” is control line flight…

am I right??

Control line is pretty fun if you know what you are doing -need lightning reflexes too. It doesn’t just go around in circles y’know… the plane can fly the other way too. Or in circles, butterflies (fig 8), boxes etc etc.

Admin
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by PandaBear on 25October2002

Haha, lets get some perspective here…! I think:-

1) Caine is talking about those $2 babytoy helicopters/jetplane/superman that hang from the ceiling and then buzz around in small 2′ circles…

Only $2? Well as you can tell I dont know much about FF indoor flyers, the only ones I have seen are like on a retractable string.

PandaBear
      Participant
      Quote:
      Originally posted by Caine on 26October2002

Only $2? Well as you can tell I dont know much about FF indoor flyers, the only ones I have seen are like on a retractable string.

Yep, definitely spot on. For $2 you wouldn’t even buy you enough fuel to start your Cox 0.49 :smiley3:for your control line flyer.

Admin
      Participant

Hmm i wasn’t talking about blowflies on string, i was more on about Hangar Rat planes (weigh 5-10 grams and fly beautifully) but yeah i do agree that one of those wouldnt last long with some idiot triedflying one in a hurricane.

Admin
      Participant

Those cox engines are buggers to start, especially when you have .010 size ones, takes ages to start, and when yo get it to start, you suddenly realise it’s almost out of fuel :smiley3:

PandaBear
      Participant

Dunno… might have something to do with the fuel you use too. When we played with 49s some 25+ yrs ago, the Cox fuel as sold in little cans was waaay too expensive so we used pure acetone. Worked well, don’t remember any starting problems.

Smaller engines will always be more problematic as you’ll have even smaller tolerances, plus its need to maintain heat and compression.

Viewing 30 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.