race body, take 2!

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

nothin to special, still plenty of room for more decals but it s ready to race. i like how i can use my wide offset rims with this body, i m hoping for more stability.

don t get too attached to it, you know me….:8ball:
      amgmerc2.jpg
      amgmerc1.jpg

Participant

Looks great, where do you get those decals from?

Participant

there Troy lee designs decals there designed for bikes.. pity it all wont stay so pretty

Participant

Troy Lee hey?
      Never heard of him…

Participant

oh god, not this again!:D

don’t forget that wonderful invention called a search engine!

the moon stickers are from my local record shop. you see these stickers on old hot rods so they add 10kph to the top speed.
      basically the last place i’d look for decals is a hobby shop, then i’d end up with a car that looks like everyone else’s!:8ball:

Participant

lol that merc symbol isnt gonna last long

Participant

The whole car isn’t gonna last long

Participant

Have you thought of adding metal bumper bars to the front, they might extend the life of the shell, apart from my 1:10 shell your shell seemed to get most of the damage.

Participant

betty doesnt care about how the shells going to look, hes a sadist when it comes to destroying bodies…:smiley2:

Participant

Just wondering, why the troy lee stickers?? They arent very automotive….

Gawd i’m a picky cunt aren’t i!!

BTW, is that the colour of the plastic, or is that paint, cause it’s a sweet job!

Edited by – jamiekulhanek on 22 August 2004 21:49:37

Participant

If you find you have trouble with the body falling apart then put silicon around the inside of the body. Its what i do on 1/10 scale car bodies.

Participant

yep that’s paint. polycarbonate to be exact!:p
      and if i used auto stickers it would look the same as all the other cars out there!:8ball:

Participant
      Quote:
      The whole car isn’t gonna last long

that was my view… the Mercs last a little longer than GTRs though… more stable too. (Like you said.) Not a bad job betty… very yellow though

Participant

Did you have to dremel out the front wheel arches so that the wide offset wheels can actually turn without hitting the shell ?

Nice yellow paint job. I prefer pics of women baring all rather than skulls.

😀

Edited by – kevsta on 23 August 2004 10:58:53

Participant

…i actually have some of those stickers on my mountain bike 😀 Not very automotive ? troy lee designs kicks ass…VERY cool…GREAT paintjob BTW…I STILL cant get rid of bubbles..lol…

Participant
      Quote:
      Did you have to dremel out the front wheel arches so that the wide offset wheels can actually turn without hitting the shell ?

😀

Kev; i’ve got a set of alloy rims made for 1st/2nd gen. Mercedes, they will(should) fit your car with no mods. Hows this; i’ll bring em with me this weekend, if they fit you can buy em if you want, or if not, no worries. If they dont fit without abit of dremel work, they are yours FREE. That’s how certain I am…:D

Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

😀

Kev; i’ve got a set of alloy rims made for 1st/2nd gen. Mercedes, they will(should) fit your car with no mods. Hows this; i’ll bring em with me this weekend, if they fit you can buy em if you want, or if not, no worries. If they dont fit without abit of dremel work, they are yours FREE. That’s how certain I am…:D

Yeah why not. Bring them along. What style are they ? 😀

Participant

getting rid of bubbles aint too hard,just prick them with a pin or scalpel and press em down.
      and no dremmel required (which is good as i don’t own one!), this body is made for the wide offset rims. my skyline needed some cutting up front to fit the wide no offset rims, the offsets still won’t go on that body (which is now 50% superglue!):8ball:

Participant

Kev; 18spoke, the same as what’s on the Mercs, but alloy… GPM I think. Will be in my toolbox on Sunday.

Participant
      Quote:
      Kev; 18spoke, the same as what’s on the Mercs, but alloy… GPM I think. Will be in my toolbox on Sunday.

Cool, let me know how much $$$ you want for them.

Betty, is that an i-waver benz body ? Both Mocky and myself have the i-waver benz shell and the front 2.5mm offset wheels rub the wheel arches/shell.

Participant

it’s a kyosho white body set i bought from ken:8ball:

Participant

You like that yellow dont you.(mello betty Fn yellow)
      Pollycarb paint, What else would/could you use on a pollycarb plastic shell anyways ???…

Participant
      Quote:
      Quote:

Cool, let me know how much $$$ you want for them.

Betty, is that an i-waver benz body ? Both Mocky and myself have the i-waver benz shell and the front 2.5mm offset wheels rub the wheel arches/shell.

must be a Iwaver thing, i’ve run the D2, original teile and DTM AMG with no issues at all with the 2.5mm front offset.

Participant

pete, when i went to the hobby shop buying paint, it was this or pink in the flouro range! i stand by my choice:D
      and polycarbonate paint is formulated specifically for those 1:10 lexan bodies. it’s use at your own risk on other materials. to be safe i built up the colour over 2 sessions, no heavy coats:8ball:

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.