Race Tin upgrades

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Krumm
      Participant

Has anyone done the 2 relay/g-box & motor upgrade to thier Race Tin yet, any tips would be appreciated.

Krumm

Krumm
      Participant

I have loaded links to some useful files for Race Tins in the d/l section

Pork_Hunt
      Participant

The 2 relay mod is great, but for the same performance, and less cost (and hassle) just run the car on 6 instead of 3 volts (ie add another battery pack)

gtvolv
      Participant

You’ve got alot more weight then…. which doesn’t help performance..

Krumm
      Participant

I could always make a roofrack for the xtra batteries, but I will try the 2 relay mod first my package arrived today with 2 new cars and all the parts to do the mods, I will let you know how it goes.:smiley16:

Krumm
      Participant

I have just completed the 2 relay mod to my race tin. It’s a bit fast for rough surfaces, it bounces and flips over and has done a bit of damage to the bodywork. I think I might change the motor from the 50kmh unit to the 30kmh one.

Racer9
      Participant

Get the fastest and run it on a smooth gym floor. Basketball courts(indoors) and many other places with smooth floor work well.:p:smiley16::D:8ball:

Krumm
      Participant

What about all the size 17s that are getting around.

Racer9
      Participant

what? Try to hit 100 with one would need low mounted high power extra batteries and the fastest motor also lighten the car and buy high grip tires with aluminum wheels. Try to make a ball diff. That would be so awesome!:8ball::p:smiley16::D

Racer9
      Participant

what? Try to hit 100 with one would need low mounted high power extra batteries and the fastest motor also lighten the car and buy high grip tires with aluminum wheels. Try to make a ball diff. That would be so awesome!:8ball::p:smiley16::D

Admin
      Participant

So the relay mod can b done 2 a taiyo can’t it?

Is it worth the work?

Racer9
      Participant

Yes. I have a canned heat. What chassis does it have and what mods can I do to it besides relay which is obvious. I want the 55 mph motor from Tinracers.com It is Suh-Weet!!!!!!1:D:smiley16:

jamiekulhanek
      Participant

Ill give u guys a tip for higher speed. Dont use alkaline batteries, use NiMH rechargeable batteries, especially the energizer type made in JAPAN (not the mexican ones). These can handle a higher current load and will make upto 40% difference in the top speed.

If life is a waste of time, and time is a waste of life, then let’s get wasted and have the time of our lives!!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.